title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Conversion requests

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PlanetMongo
    • Oct 2007

Batch Conversion requests

Hello!

I'm currently trying to move my batch conversion process from Sonic Foundry's Batch Converter 5.0b. I've moved to Sony's Sound Forge 8.0 using their hacked up batch converter process with limited success (crashes). I've since discovered you and while the basic functionality is there, I do have some feature requests that would definately be useful in my environment. Otherwise, I'll have to keep looking. :( We are a commercial shop and I'm giving your software a shot. It might end up that I'll have to write our own software, but I'd like to avoid it. (I'm not being paid as a programmer, for one.. )

1) Encoding settings saved. I do not want to have to manually enter encoding settings every time I encode (from wavs btw). I read another post where it seemed the user wanted the same thing and it's not available. Will it ever be?

2) Batch encoding: multiple settings: I encode all my files in 5 different formats. I see you have a dual conversion add-on, why the arbitrary number? Sound Forge's batch converter allows me to chain together events (converts to each format from the original). This would rock hard if I could get all my encodings done in one pass, using saved settings as in my suggestion in 1 (i.e., open up my "All_bitrate" settings tab, select the directories to encode, and go). I frequently encode between 1500-2500 tracks at a time, so you can see where doing this would save a lot of time... I could leave the process running overnight and let it complete while I'm at home...

3) Any word on the robo-ripper? I have 2 Plasmon devices (120 disc and 80 disc) that I'd love to be able to directly rip/encode from without the many steps currently involved (right not we use something called Kill-Copy, and then have to rename files).

Thanks in advance!
  • bhoar
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2006

Re: Batch Conversion requests

Which plasmon devices, specifically?

(which reminds me, I need to finish up some xl1b testing for spoon before I go out tonight...)

-brendan

Comment

• PlanetMongo
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by bhoar
      Which plasmon devices, specifically?

(which reminds me, I need to finish up some xl1b testing for spoon before I go out tonight...)

-brendan
      D-80 is the model number on one, the other.. not really sure. :D The Plasmon people got our SNs all mixed up for each device. We use POINTsoft for management (mounts all the cds as a giant drive).

I should mention a downfall of using POINTsoft is that it has issues with enhanced CDs (doesn't "see" the audio portion of the CD) and that means a manual rip on my end (using Easy CD-DA Extractor.. it's pretty painless.. I should try using the dbpoweramp ripper now that I have it installed).
      Last edited by PlanetMongo; 10-17-2007, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

RE 1: Encoder settings are saved for every encoder.

RE 2: With multi-encoder you can add any number of encoders into it.

RE 3: "3) Any word on the robo-ripper?" it is getting there, a whole bunch of robots should be added in a matter or weeks:

Illustrate has made a decision to enter the automated / commercial CD Ripping business in a big way, we are to offer automated (batch ripping) free for all Reference users. Normally automated ripping programs can cost $$$$, Illustrates aggressive pricing will ensure market domination. Final Functionality The program will
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PlanetMongo
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
          RE 1: Encoder settings are saved for every encoder.
          Not really sure where they're saved, however. I don't see an explicit save option, it does seem to save the previous sessions settings... but when moving to another bit-rate or format, it doesn't seem very intuitive.

RE 2: With multi-encoder you can add any number of encoders into it.
          Exactly how is this done? i downloaded and installed multi-encoder, but I don't see anything labeled as such in the Program Files menu, nor in the directory (program files/illustrate/dbpoweramp/). Is this functionality added to dbpoweramp or Music Converter or.. ? Of course, I am in the middle of ripping 1583 tracks (3 and a half more hours to go), so maybe that's part of the problem (installed while converting, maybe it needs a restart? )

Comment

• PlanetMongo
            • Oct 2007

One More request: Pause after current file!

As for the other requests, I'll take some screenshots of what it is I wish to accomplish and forward them to you to see what I'm talking about... Sometimes it's easier to show than explain.

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Encoding settings are saved when you click "OK" on the encoder window when in the multi-encoder and then saved for everything when you start the encoding, I believe.
              With the multi-encoder, select the files you want to convert, pick the "[Multi-Encoder]" codec, then add your encoders there.

Comment

• PlanetMongo
                • Oct 2007

Interesting, I don't see that option. I'll work with it later tonight/tomorrow and if I still have questions regarding this, I'll post it up in the proper forum.

Comment

• PlanetMongo
                  • Oct 2007

AHA! Got it. Looks great, I'll put it through the paces tomorrow. If it works like it looks like it'll work, I'll pick up a 5 user site license tomorrow or the day after. Sweet. Thanks guys!

:D

Oh, and I'll be more than happy to beta some robo stuff, if need be. :D

Comment

Working...

]]>