title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: dBpowerAMP Audio Player R2 Beta 4

Administrator

dBpowerAMP Audio Player R2 Beta 4

This update fixes the previous crashing problem in Windows 98 and also adds improved randomization using supplied code.

Download:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpowerAMP-r2-beta4.exe

1.6MB

All changes:

Added WM_APPCOMMAND which means those Play, Stop Pause buttons on your keyboard should work (Windows NT/2000/XP only)
    MMC - Added a 'Selected Tracks' button at the top
    MMC - New option (on track right click >> advanced) to 'Rewrite ID Tag, writes information held in dAP over the ID tag in files)
    MMC - New option (on track right click >> advanced) to open explorer at the track location
    MMC - Remembers column sizes
    MMC - When creating a playlist for selected tracks - mouse is changed to hour glass
    MMC - New Forum 'Music Collection >> Preferences'
    MMC - Preferences - Option to switch off popup info tips
    MMC - When add new music, the music is included/excluded to active play control

Amp - made the random selector, more random (Thanks

Right Click on Folder >> Play/Enque - will now recurse and search sub-folders too if option on MMC Pref page is set

BUG Fix - If a skin is set to Top most and a sub skin wasn't, dAP will now display them
    BUG Fix - If slide out the 'Mini On Screen Control' then close it, the slide out bit used to stay on the screen
    BUG Fix - For MMC - right click 'Edit Tag' >> Details, now has a vertical scrollbar
    BUG FIX - MMC - will now load after amp has exited (previously it would flicker on the screen and unload)
    Bug Fix - Stopped the 'New Track Lookup' whilst editing tags
    Bug Fix - Popup InfoTip - for large playlists, only first 50 entries are looked at

dBpoweramp Guru
    I just downloaded and install and can confirm it installed and no more win98 crashing

thanks.

The new randomization seems to be working very well. I've been playing random tracks for the last 8 hours straight, and I have not noticed any clustering or repeats.

Anyone else notice any differences/improvements?

BTW, Spoon -- I love the feature where it resumes mid-track where it left off, like if you have to reboot or something. Very cool!

The remember column size also works great thanks, it was really annoying before having to resize them all the time

dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Randomiser works like a treat

And the columns work too

dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Just confirming Razgo's post. no Win98 GPF's here with this release either.

(and my cpu is still overclocked Spoon

Also this release seems to have resolved something else that was only mildly annoying, and that was when using a hidden start bar, when selecting, it would not be on-top, but be behind any open app (if that app was full screen for instance). So to get the start bar onscreen had to CTRL ESC... but no more.

Cya
    Narler

Been using this beta version for about a week with no problems whatsoever. Good show. Nex

Administrator
    This beta is closed and replaced.