title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Automacally create playlists

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flips
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2006

Automacally create playlists

Automatically creating playlists would be very nice, so I'll add it here to the wishlist and hope that it ends up in R13 ...
    (Preferrable with options on the formatting, like I want it to only contain the filenames, and with relative path's and foreslashes instead of backslashes).

CUE sheets is already planned, so I guess I won't have to add it to the list ...
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Automacally create playlists

Originally posted by flips
    Automatically creating playlists would be very nice, so I'll add it here to the wishlist and hope that it ends up in R13 ...
    (Preferrable with options on the formatting, like I want it to only contain the filenames, and with relative path's and foreslashes instead of backslashes).
    What types of playlists? How would they automatically be generated?

See:
    -Advanced Meta Data Tool (http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12424) : This is by far the most important to me as getting good meta data is so difficult and time consuming -Source for lyrics meta data -HTOA (Hidden Track One Audio) -Option for second pass burst mode. It seems that often if there are errors, re

I have requested Rip-Sessions, which are basically playlists of all the songs ripped in any given session. Im not sure how you want to generate playlists.

Comment

• Wayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Aug 2002

The older versions of dMC (11.5 and earlier) allowed for the creation of a playlist of the tracks ripped from a CD. It was one of the extra features available if you registered the powerpack.

Wayne
      Last edited by Wayne; 10-04-2007, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• flips
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by EliC

See:
        -Advanced Meta Data Tool (http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12424) : This is by far the most important to me as getting good meta data is so difficult and time consuming -Source for lyrics meta data -HTOA (Hidden Track One Audio) -Option for second pass burst mode. It seems that often if there are errors, re

I have requested Rip-Sessions, which are basically playlists of all the songs ripped in any given session. Im not sure how you want to generate playlists.
        I was just thinking of one playlist per CD, maybe located in another directory and with the options of formatting of the filename entries the way that I mentioned (and turn off the # comments in the m3u files).

But Rip-Sessions sounds awesome, I didn't even think about that. Great idea!

Originally posted by Wayne
        The older versions of dMC (11.5 and earlier) allowed for the creation of a playlist of the tracks ripped from a CD. It was one of the extra features available if you registered the powerpack.
        Yes, I thought it was something I used to have ...

Comment

• Alec Tronic
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by EliC
          m3u for example. Or any other format.
          Many tools are able to create playlists - WinAmp, EAC, CDex, AudioGrabber...just to name a few

Here is a screenshot of WinAmp:

I would love to see something like this in db CD Ripper, too.
          Last edited by Alec Tronic; 11-12-2008, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• hopsta
            • Aug 2009

I know this is an old thread, but I would love to have playlists (m3u or pls) to be generated and saved in the Album folder.

Is it possible to bring it back?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Anything is possible
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hopsta
                • Aug 2009

Are you going to implement this? If so, I will hold off on my ripping and wait

Thanks

Comment

• Wayne
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by hopsta
                  Are you going to implement this? If so, I will hold off on my ripping and wait
                  Thanks
                  You may be waiting quite a while as Spoon is the sole developer.

Comment

• hopsta
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Wayne
                    You may be waiting quite a while as Spoon is the sole developer.
                    Hum, that is a shame. So your saying that Spoon created all of this software by himself?

Thank is fantastic! Love it! Your a legend Spoon...keep up the good work!

Comment

• hopsta
                      • Aug 2009

Check this out:

Fantastic.

(For those that don't know about .bat files)
                      Just copy the file into a new notepad.
                      Save the file anywhere.
                      Close it
                      Rename it playlistcreator.bat
                      Now drag any folder (it can be your "MUSIC" folder, doesn't have to be one album)
                      The batch file will create a playlist.m3u in the same folder where it finds audio files.

Done

I would suggest trying on a couple of folders first before you do your entire music collection.

ps. If the link gets removed, PM me and I will send it to you. I am not sure how spoon feels about post in external links?

Comment

Working...

]]>