title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: R13 requests / suggestions

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: R13 requests / suggestions

yeah, its been some time since I used EAC, so I may be wrong.

dBpoweramp Guru

-option to force secure rip

-in the future, option to force secure rip if no match in AR2

Quote Originally Posted by LtData View Post
    I'm not sure about this one, Spoon has said that currently it is non-trivial to add a DSP effect to dMC, so I'm not sure how well a plug-in architecture would work.
    True but it would still have to be added by the developer and only if they agreed to do it. With an open plug-in architecture (ie Winamp), anyone can take the time to learn and write plugins to THEIR liking at THEIR whim, without having to ask the developer to add it or explain what EXACTLY is desired.

Simply, an open architecture gives the end user more customizable a product and makes the product much more versatile for the masses and more desirable by more too. It actually strengthens a product in most cases.

Administrator

We created an open architecture for R11 and before DSPs, published documents, sample projects, how many effects were written in the 3 years? none

dBpoweramp Guru

Spoon, IHMO you may be attracting many more hard core and commercial users with R13+. Previous releases just did not cater to the HA type crowd. I do not think it should be a priority, but it would be nice to have the ability for others to add to the utility of dBpoweramp.

I'll second (or more likely, tenth EliC's request to
    have a way to say "skip any track with more than X
    bad frame".

It's real annoying to start a rip, walk away for half an
    hour, and come back to find that it's still on the first
    track, trying to re-rip 4000 frames. I'd personally set
    the value to 0 ... meaning: don't re-rip anything.
    (In my case, I'd take the disk out, check for smudges,
    and then try it in a different drive.)

thanks,
    Stan

Thumbs up Re: R13 requests / suggestions

Requests (and reports about minor R13 problems) for the ripper:

1) File open dialogs should default to the media folders in the user's profile. Currently, the (unfinished, alpha status) Album Art [+] button opens the install directory of dBpoweramp.

2) Smart tagger ? Hm .. how about configuring it, because it is basically useless in its current state, because of the global use for the entire rip session. For instance, I got "Frank Beard; billy Gibbons; dusty Hill" in one field ( heh, guess the artist ), which is irritating, but even the data from the databases got filtered, so under "Style" for the same rip, the result was "Boogie Rock; blues-Rock; album Rock; arena Rock; southern Rock; pop/Rock; dance-Rock". Heck, even this marvellous application gets renamed: "Dbpoweramp" ...

The pattern is clear. For starters, maybe it would be enough to apply the smart tagger filter to the track names, album names and artist fields ( user selectable, of course).

3) TWAIN driver - A few times my HP software hung, and dBpoweramp could not retrieve data from the scanner on the subsequent requests. I had to restart the application ( which then probably releases the driver ) and scanning could be done.

4) Naming scheme for ripped files:
    The current solution with a one-line display is very difficult to read. Some sort of multi-line, formatted version could be used in the Naming dialog. The structure I am thinking of indents things, like:
    [IFVALUE]foo
    ->truevalue,
    ->falsevalue
    []

So, when using the example from a response to a support question:
    [IFVALUE]upc
    ->[tag]upc[],
    ->[tag]album[]
    []

The default naming scheme is very complex because it contains several [IFVALUE] branches.

Ah well.... power user features require power users. Sad I lack all the necessary power

---------

(Beside the comments above, I am absolutely amazed by this software. The fixes to the album art handling alone mandate a new license, which I will be happy to buy when R13 ships)

Administrator

The twain drivers are notoriously poor, on some systems just loading the driver and not doing anything can lock the program...

I assume this is old news but - is CUE support expected soon?

Administrator

CUE support will go into a DSP effect shortly after R13 is out.

Quote Originally Posted by LtData View Post
    Now that feature I would like: a high-res folder.jpg and low-res embedded album art in the tag.
    +1

I would like the checkbox put back on the dMC dialog that states 'Delete original file(s) after conversion'. Its something that is not alway necessary, but its too many steps to activate / deactivate it using the DSP effects. With the checkbox I only need to click once. Bingo. Done.

I believe it was moved to a DSP effect as people were too often checking it only to be frustrated when they realized they accidentally deleted their files. Personally, I think it does belong more in a DSP effect than an option when converting, but that's me.

dBpoweramp Guru

-option to save the highest resolution art from BOTH sources automatically

As r13 has been fully release, this thread is locked. Please put all release requests here instead: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=17201