title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: R13 requests / suggestions

dBpoweramp Guru

R13 requests / suggestions

-Advanced Meta Data Tool : This is by far the most important to me as getting good meta data is so difficult and time consuming

-Source for lyrics meta data

-HTOA (Hidden Track One Audio)

-Option for second pass burst mode. It seems that often if there are errors, re-ripping often gets an accuraterip the first time around while secure ripping may toil for a very long time and maybe get an accuraterip

-Option to re-calculate AR CRC after each sector is ripped in ultra-secure. This may allow for much faster ripping as it may not be required to re-rip other sectors.

-CUE sheets

-tag each song with the following additional tags:
    -Drive Make and Model used for rip
    -Drive offset if used
    -If Overread Lead-in/out was used

-Option to verify rip in second drive if insufficient sources available in AR db

-Option to place log file in output directory with a checkbox

-submit corrected meta-data to providers

-drive taps to run multiple rips on multiple drives all within 1 instance of dbpoweramp running

-option to resize album art when adding to metadata, there are freeware opensource apps that should be able to be used as a plug-in to do this.

-open plug-in architecture to allow end users to develop add-ons

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: R13 requests / suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by EliC
    -HTOA (Hidden Track One Audio)
    -CUE sheets
    Inherent in the above request, I assume you're also asking for the ability to rip a CD as a single audio file with the track info pointed to by the CUE sheets.

-tag each song with the following additional tags:
    -Drive Make and Model used for rip
    -Drive offset if used
    -If Overread Lead-in/out was used
    I'd add a tag (or add to an existing tag) text capturing the rip quality (AR/Secure/Secure with rereads/Insecure) to the above.

-drive taps to run multiple rips on multiple drives all within 1 instance of dbpoweramp running
    What are "drive taps"?

At first I thought you were just asking for batch ripping capability (multiple drives at once), which the alpha does already. Or do you mean automatically moving one disc to another for reripping? Or something else?

-brendan

-open plug-in architecture to allow end users to develop add-ons
    I'm not sure about this one, Spoon has said that currently it is non-trivial to add a DSP effect to dMC, so I'm not sure how well a plug-in architecture would work.

dBpoweramp Guru

-Libary database: I dont need full library functionality in the ripper, but I would like the ripper to have some knowledge of my library. When ripping a disc I would like the ripper to check and see if the disc is already in the library, or maybe one with the same Album name but a different number of tracks

-Separate accurately ripped and inaccurate directories: When a disc is ripped accurately the files are placed in the normal directory. When one or more tracks on the disc are inaccurate the user would have the option to move all of the disc, or just the inaccurate files to an incomplete or inaccurate directory separate and distinct from the main library. If in the future the disc is repaired or a different copy of the same pressing is ripped and all of the files are ripped accurately dB moves the album over to the accurate directory.

-Rip sessions: basically generate a playlist for a rip-session. You can star and stop a new rip session at any point. All files ripped during a rip session are added to the rip session playlist. So if I rip my discs I can create a rip-session for me. Then when I rip my wife's discs I create a separate rip-session. If a disc is loaded that is already in the library, it is not re-ripped, but the disc is added to the rip-session. All the files are moved to the same library, but when I want to load her songs to her iPod I just move her playlist and all of her songs are loaded.

-Re-Rip track in multiple drive: different drive do error recovery differently. It may be possible to partially rip a track in one drive, then re-rip the missing parts in a second drive to re-build an accurate rip of the track

Quote Originally Posted by bhoar
    Inherent in the above request, I assume you're also asking for the ability to rip a CD as a single audio file with the track info pointed to by the CUE sheets.
    Yes, and I know this is coming. Though I would like the option to generate a cue sheet without using a single audio file per disc

What are "drive taps"?
    Misspelled TABS. I would like each drive in a system to show up with its own tab, instead of launching different instances of dBpoweramp to do multiple rips.
    Last edited by EliC; 09-28-2007 at 10:31 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

-Separate accurately ripped and inaccurate directories: When a disc is ripped accurately the files are placed in the normal directory. When one or more tracks on the disc are inaccurate the user would have the option to move all of the disc, or just the inaccurate files to an incomplete or inaccurate directory separate and distinct from the main library. If in the future the disc is repaired or a different copy of the same pressing is ripped and all of the files are ripped accurately dB moves the album over to the accurate directory.
    Perhaps having the track-to-track and/or disc-to-disc quality test results (accurate, secure, secure with rereads, insecure) of a disc rip available in the tagging system? That way, you can build your output path to move tracks or discs based on the quality result? Might have to special case this as traditionally you'd already know the output path before the reading starts - there might have to be special case code to move completed track output or to always write it to a temporary location first.

-brendan

dBpoweramp Guru

personally I would only like to move complete albums to my accurate directory, though I realize others may be ok with just accurate songs.

dBpoweramp Guru

- Write the raw cd toc to the album directory

-option to resize album art when adding to metadata, there are freeware opensource apps that should be able to be used as a plug-in to do this.
    Just wanted to expand on this one. Ideally I would like to keep a high resolution folder.jpg or artisit - album.jpg in the album directory and tag each file with a lower resolution and smaller size jpg

Now that feature I would like: a high-res folder.jpg and low-res embedded album art in the tag.

dBpoweramp Guru

-Libary database: I dont need full library functionality in the ripper, but I would like the ripper to have some knowledge of my library. When ripping a disc I would like the ripper to check and see if the disc is already in the library, or maybe one with the same Album name but a different number of tracks
    Consistent Artist Naming (More on the library database): This falls under both the advanced meta data tool and the library database. Even within AMG and virtually every other meta source artists are often not named consistently from album to album (ie Guns n' Roses, Guns N Roses, Guns-n-Roses.....). It should be easy enough for the ripper to check and see. The ripper should check the list of MB alt artists names and also for any close matches in the current library and suggest a consistent name for an artist when appropriate.

dBpoweramp Guru

-Option to verify rip in second drive if insufficient sources available in AR db
    this would be an ideal option for cd loaders with more then one drive

dBpoweramp Guru

-option to force secure rip (or second pass burst) on portions of 1st and last track not in covered by AR.

-Convert options settings to grid view to allow fine grained tweaking for multiple drives.

Maybe it's just me (I'm relatively new to dMC), but currently if you're running multiple drives, it's not clear that some options are "global, while others are not.

May I suggest converting the options display to a grid, options as rows and drives as columns. Column 1 is the "Default" column. Each cell contains a checkbox or dropdown to use the default or allow you use some other (valid) value.

This would also allow me to use my beloved (and newly supported) PX-40TS drives (in D8 mode!), while also using my SATA drives.

dBpoweramp Guru

Auto detect "Defective by Design" discs and use the correct ripping method.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

There is one option that I miss from EAC that is really starting to p*ss me off...

The ability to "Transform Actual CD Information" like in EAC. I like to have all words start with a capital. In EAC, I could easily convert whatever was downloaded from CDDB into my own format. Cannot find a way to do this in the CD Ripper. I am tired of having to manually fix many track titles, when it was SO EASY in EAC.

http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?i...eenshotdj2.jpg

I also have noticed the AMG database is often less completed (missing featuring artists and misspellings), than FreeDB. The problem is if I use CDDB, I do not get album-art.

Thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by funkyblue
    I also have noticed the AMG database is often less completed (missing featuring artists and misspellings), than FreeDB. The problem is if I use CDDB, I do not get album-art.

Thanks
    See the advanced meta data tagging thread. Spoon has not made specific announcements but has suggested that some form of multiple DB query will be in the R13 final, pulling meta data from AMG, freeDB and at least 2 more sources!!!