title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: conversion error (Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock])

conversion error (Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock])

" Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock] "

This is the error I continue to receive when I attempt to convert a wav or an mp3 to ACC using the Force HE V2 encoder. Any suggestions?

Re: conversion error (Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock])

Try not forcing a profile, does it work now?

Re: conversion error (Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock])

Yes, that seemed to fix the problem. Do you mind explaining why? I am not fully understanding the profiles. Thanks a lot.

It seems to be a problem with the encoder in some way, I believe. What bitrate were you trying to encode to?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: conversion error (Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock

Sorry to drag up an old post, but for reference, in case anyone else has this error message too: I also got it, but it turned out to be a problem with filename/path length - the destination was >255 characters and it produced the same error message. I renamed the source directory to be shorter and it worked fine.

Re: conversion error (Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock

Quote Originally Posted by warnerb View Post
    " Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock] "

This is the error I continue to receive when I attempt to convert a wav or an mp3 to ACC using the Force HE V2 encoder. Any suggestions?
    What I found is that the HE V2 encoder requires strict 2 channel input, single channel or more than two channels will result in a zero length file.

I converted all my sources to flac 44.1kHz and 16bit, still I got a small percentage mostly before 1970 material that are either single channel or more than two channels. I simply reconverted them to flac with DSP effect 'Fixed Channel Count 2 Stereo'. The size of the resulting file will NOT double, but will shrink if the channel count was more than 2.

The resulting flac file could then easily converted using the HE V2 encoder, I think that setting this DSP effect 'Fixed Channel Count 2 Stereo' will also work for direct conversion to HE V2.