title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Joint Stereo - HQ?

Joint Stereo - HQ?

I purchased dBpowerAMP Reference. I am ripping in secure mode using Fraunhofer Joint Stereo, CBR 320, Hi Quality. It sounds great !

Please:

Is dBpowerAmp using Joint M/S stereo ?

Is the 2 channel stereo data HQ ?

What does -b mean ? ( -b 320 -encoding= "High" )

Thanks

Elvert Brandao

Re: Joint Stereo - HQ?

-b means bitrate.
    I believe, by default, dMC makes the files joint stereo, but you can always click advanced and specify joint stereo or normal stereo.
    What do you mean by HQ 2 stereo data?

dBpoweramp Guru

Out of curiosity, have you tried the LAME encoder yet? I heard that Fraunhofer does better at converting classical music or something.. I might be wrong, and because I have not posted any proof along with this post, you don't have to trust me

[QUOTE=LtData]-b means bitrate.
    I believe, by default, dMC makes the files joint stereo, but you can always click advanced and specify joint stereo or normal stereo.

Sorry, but I can not see the advanced tab for use with Fraunhofer.

Please, I would like to create a Fraunhofer STEREO mp3 using dBpowerAMP Reference. Is this possible ? How ? I am a registered user.

Thanks for your help !

Elvert Brandao
    Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

I apologize, I missed the part in your post about using Fraunhoefer. Apparently there isn't a way to make a stereo Fraunhoefer mp3.

Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    I apologize, I missed the part in your post about using Fraunhoefer. Apparently there isn't a way to make a stereo Fraunhoefer mp3.

Do you believe Channel Mapper and Channel Count can help creating a Fraunhofer Stereo MP3 ? I am not very much familiar with DSP.

Thanks once again !

Elvert

Administrator

No it is down to the codec.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    No it is down to the codec.
    Thank you for your reply.

I am a registered user and I am using dbpoweramp Reference with Fraunhofer Joint Stereo at 320, Quality HI. As a professional pianist and DJ I simply love this method to produce a MP3. I am also very happy I can get composer tag ( extremely important to me) and Cover Art from the great AMG. When I compare the MP3 vs the original Cd, I still prefer the MP3, even with a very, very litte bit of reverb added ( This is what I feel with my Sony MDR-7506 headphones or my Yamaha HS50M Monitor speakers.

As a DJ, I use a very serious professional DJing program, where the developer says that I should never use Joint Stereo because the left and right channels can never be reconstructed as they should. He also says that for the best audio quality compared to the CD and dynamics for live DJ Dance music use, I should only use Fraunhofer Stereo at 320 ( never Lame), and if possible I should use the Fraunhofer version 1.2.0.63 because it was the best version made. I have this original version.

Please, Spoon, I love both your softwre and my DJing software and would aprreciate some comments.

Thank you !

Regards,
    Elvert

Quote Originally Posted by neilthecellist
    Out of curiosity, have you tried the LAME encoder yet? I heard that Fraunhofer does better at converting classical music or something.. I might be wrong, and because I have not posted any proof along with this post, you don't have to trust me
    I used EAC /Lame for a long time and I know that lot of people prefer Lame than Fraunhofer, but why Sound Forge, Wave Lab, Adobe Audition, Cubase and Pro-Tools use Fraunhofer ? These are professional tools !

Thanks for your post.

Elvert

Administrator

>where the developer says that I should never use Joint Stereo because the left and right channels can never be reconstructed as they should

Perhaps, but also the savings that JS gives can be used to better store a 320kbps signal, ie there is more bits than if stereo is used.

[QUOTE=Mel Brando]

I am a registered user and I am using dbpoweramp Reference with Fraunhofer Joint Stereo at 320, Quality HI. As a professional pianist and DJ I simply love this method to produce a MP3. I am also very happy I can get composer tag ( extremely important to me) and Cover Art from the great AMG. When I compare the MP3 vs the original Cd, I still prefer the MP3, even with a very, very litte bit of reverb added ( This is what I feel with my Sony MDR-7506 headphones or my Yamaha HS50M Monitor speakers.

I apologize. There is no reverb added. I was not all flat. Itunes was with the enhancer on.

Elvert