title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp Batch Ripper: Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevinoconnor
    • Jun 2007

Re: dBpoweramp Batch Ripper: Discussions

Originally posted by LtData
    kevin: what firewall/security software are you running?
    No Firewall or other security software is installed on this system (not even a virus scanner). The system is behind a NAT-type router. But, as I mentioned, everything worked for all discs before and after this one in the batch.

I assume this popped up (rather than simply being logged) because it's a beta version. Obviously, something like the inability to get AccurateRip or AMG meta data shouldn't halt the batch and should simply be logged.

Comment

• bhoar
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2006

In addition - if there *is* a reason to put up an AccurateRip or AMG related dialog, it would be best if the dialog was forced to the front. I've noticed several times the AccurateRip dialog for a newly seen drive showing up behind the batch ripper window. I keep wondering "what's it waiting for", only to find the buried dialog box.

-brendan

Comment

• bhoar
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2006

A low quality vid of the Batch Ripper (alpha4) utilizing the universalloadercli to control robots...

...two robots...

...at once!

(apologies, in advance, for the shaky low quality camera work)

-brendan

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

AccurateRip will be updated so the message does not say on the screen.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jon Crew
            • Oct 2007

Hello All,

Am really keen to give Batch Ripper a go ... but I need some help !

Am Using an MF Digital Baxter

Have installed R13 over registered R12 Reference and then Batch Ripper.

On starting a batch rip, the 1st CD is loaded and spins up for a while then the loader picks up another disc and loads it on top of the 1st.

If you start the batch rip with CD in the drive, the meta data is retrived and the rip starts and completes - the first is unloaded and the second successfully loaded then it just spins until the loader tries to drop another CD on top of it again.

I'm probably missing something obvious so any suggestions very welcome !

thank you

Jon

Comment

• bhoar
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Sep 2006

Is the CD that just spins recognized if you load it into the baxter's drive manually? Does it take a long time to be recognized? What drive is in the baxter? If not, or it takes a long time is it recognized in other drives?

I ask as I have several CD-Rs that spin up but aren't recognized by a Pioneer DVR-110x drive, while they are recognized just fine by an older LG 52X CD-R drive.

-brendan

Comment

• Jon Crew
                • Oct 2007

Hi Brendan

Yes, the CD is recognised if you load manually ... also is recognised if you start a batch rip with a cd already in the drive.

Comment

• Jon Crew
                  • Oct 2007

Just re-read my first post and thought I'd try and be a little clearer...

R13 Cd Ripper works great with the drive in the Baxter ... Is fast, AMG meta Data works fine. Lets assume that I've tested CDs A,B,C and they all rip individually.

So running Batch ripper...

Scenario 1

Start Batch Rip (Tray empty and closed)

CD A is loaded, spins for maybe a minute then CD B is picked, tray opens and CD B is dropped on top. Tray closes with 2 CDs in it.

Scenario 2

Start Batch Rip (CD A already in Tray, Tray closed)

CD A metadata retrived correctly, and CD rips.

CD A unloaded, CD B picked and loaded.

CD B spins up for maybe a minute then CD C is picked, tray opens and CD C is dropped on top. Tray closes with 2 CDs in it.

thanks again !

Comment

• bhoar
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Jon Crew
                    Just re-read my first post and thought I'd try and be a little clearer...

R13 Cd Ripper works great with the drive in the Baxter ... Is fast, AMG meta Data works fine. Lets assume that I've tested CDs A,B,C and they all rip individually.

So running Batch ripper...

Scenario 1

Start Batch Rip (Tray empty and closed)

CD A is loaded, spins for maybe a minute then CD B is picked, tray opens and CD B is dropped on top. Tray closes with 2 CDs in it.

Scenario 2

Start Batch Rip (CD A already in Tray, Tray closed)

CD A metadata retrived correctly, and CD rips.

CD A unloaded, CD B picked and loaded.

CD B spins up for maybe a minute then CD C is picked, tray opens and CD C is dropped on top. Tray closes with 2 CDs in it.

thanks again !
                    Five things:

#1 aka Scenario 3

Open tray, insert disc into tray and close tray.

About 1 second after the tray closes, press the rip button.

Time how long it takes for the next thing to happen (recognized/metadata vs. eject/reject) and report.

#2 verify baxter config

In the drive configuration, what, exactly, are the five command lines? By default, it should have a --watchdog="120000" (120k microseconds, aka 2 minutes). This is here because the baxter driver often freezes. If the baxter driver does not appear to load a disc in < 2 minutes, it is killed and another load is performed.

#3 adjust baxter config

Try re/setting the watchdog timer to double the value, "240000". Also, try removing the lines entirely to see if it works temporarily.

#4 timings

Can we get more precise timings in the two scenarios you gave plus any responses on the above items I mentioned?

#5 outside influences

Do you have any software that installs filter drivers (e.g. anydvd, sonic burning software, etc.) Are any other disc-accessing programs running (e.g. itunes, etc.)?

-brendan

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

It is a known issue with the Baxter, if you listen to USB noises, the drive is dissapearing from the system, after the rip...It is being investigated (only seems to be with the Pioneer DVD drives).
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jason_s
                        • Oct 2007

Just as a bit of an introduction, my name is Jason and I'm with a larger CD conversion service. We're doing well over 10K CDs monthly and have been keeping tabs on a number of different CD ripping applications for quite awhile. I've been a lurker here for the past few years, but finally thought I'd say hello.

We just recently installed the R13 beta and the Batch Ripper to check it out. I know we're a few months late, but it looks extremely promising.

Right out of the gate, we had a couple ideas for potential features...

- substitute album artist for artist (to give a clean look, instead of just a large list of performers from AMG)

- differentiate CD01 and CD02 in the album album title (in addition to simply the disc # tag

- support the WAV metadata standard that is read by Tag&Rename

- hi-res artwork (300x300 minimum, 600x600 ideal)

Spoon, thanks so much for your work on such a useful and developed application. We've been watching it closely now, for quite a long time.

Also, on the metadata side, some of the CDs we've ripped have album artist, some don't. I'm assuming this is all AMG data, correct?

Thanks.

- jason

Comment

• LtData
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • May 2004

Currently, at least with the normal r12.3 CD ripper, you can get AMG album art up to 250x250, which is larger than the default 150x150. Click the arrow beside "Meta", then go to "Settings" then pick "All Media Guide".

Comment

• jason_s
                            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by LtData
                            Currently, at least with the normal r12.3 CD ripper, you can get AMG album art up to 250x250, which is larger than the default 150x150. Click the arrow beside "Meta", then go to "Settings" then pick "All Media Guide".
                            Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• Jon Crew
                              • Oct 2007

Thanks all,

swapped out pioneer drive (DVR-111D) and replaced with an old samsung I had on the shelf ... works great now.

Brendan .. thanks for your detailed response, will revisit the pioneer with your questions when I have some free time.

Just out of interest, what is your current recommended CD Drive for best ripping results ?

Comment

• Jon Crew
                                • Oct 2007

Quick update...

I have access to a few different models of pioneer drive...

DVR-111 - BAD
                                DVR-109 - BAD
                                DVR-106 - GOOD

Comment

Working...

]]>