title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp Batch Ripper: Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bhoar
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2006

dBpoweramp Batch Ripper: Discussions

[EDITED for my own language]

Oh heck yeah!

-brendan
    Last edited by bhoar; 07-25-2007, 12:49 PM.
  • Teknojnky
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2006

Re: dBpoweramp Batch Ripper

Is this supposed to be an integration/addition of R12, part of R13, or an independent standalone application?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Stand alone, will require R13
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hanschke
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • May 2006

thats nice to read :komisch12

Comment

• enc123
          • Apr 2007

HI,

I posted my reply to http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...6824#post66824 but was directed by LtData back to this forum. We would like to be a beta tester for the batch ripper software. We are a professional CD ripping service provider and have MfDigital big rippers (300 cds) and Baxters (25 CDs). We would love to use your tool.
          Please let me know how to join the beta test group and when the batch ripper will be released.

Thanks a lot,

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

This one is aimed at enc123 and other pro-ripping services, if you are able to draw up a brief draft of the features you would like to see in an ideal batch ripper, features which would help streamline work flow, and email to:

We have our own innovative ideas, but for all our experiance, no one knows your industry and needs any better than yourselves. We want to design a system which is as efficient as possible at ripping.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• EliC
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Is there any chance of major upgrades in the meta data tools with the next version?

enc123 and any other pro-rippers, have you looked at the proposed meta-data tool: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12424 ?
              Would you find this helpful? How about in an automatic version that does not require operator intervention in rips, so it just automatically would find the best metadata from the various sources.

Does anyone have advice on setting up a ripping tower with multiple 4+ drives. Looking for a good tower, powersupply, ect... Will it be possible to network 2 systems together so that all the ripping could occur in the ripping tower with resources spent on ripping and then the data transfered to a second system for encoding.
              Last edited by EliC; 07-31-2007, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Yes we will support nework encoding for Gigabit ethernets (100 Meg is a little slow).

Tagging will be updated with 2 new meta data providers, then we can be smart with meta data.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• EliC
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
                  Yes we will support nework encoding for Gigabit ethernets (100 Meg is a little slow).
                  cool, now I just need to set up a ripping tower. Anyone have any ideas how much power is required for 8 cd drives?

Tagging will be updated with 2 new meta data providers, then we can be smart with meta data.

Good to hear that a few will be added. Which ones?

-AMG: already available

-GetDigitalData: I know they were willing to make a good $ deal

-MusicBrainz: seems to be free, as would incorporation of their PUID generator

-Tracktype: free

-freeDB: free and already available

My guess/hope would be that GDD is one of the new sources. I hope that MusicBrainz is the other, and would love to see tracktype added. I dont know that there would be much benefit from Foosic or MusicIP, though there method of data gathering may provide data on tracks that none of the other sources have.

Comment

• bhoar
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by EliC
                    cool, now I just need to set up a ripping tower. Anyone have any ideas how much power is required for 8 cd drives?
                    Eli -A quick google seems to indicate ~1A at 5V and ~1-1.5A at 12V. I'd probably calculate 1.5-2A for each just to be on the safe side and add a bit more for spinup and to power the fans. Then find a drive-case power supply (e.g. not a PC power supply) that meets those specs.

-brendan

Comment

• EliC
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • May 2004

can I run multiple drives (4-8) with something like a 500mhz celeron without encoding?

Comment

• bhoar
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Sep 2006

can I run multiple drives (4-8) with something like a 500mhz celeron without encoding?
                        I'd say that wouldn't be an issue if you were a) using burst mode and b) you had a fast I/O system, though you might still get bogged down a bit. For (ultra)secure mode, however,spoon would have to comment on the CPU usage there, as it can be a lot higher.

IIRC, 1x burst ripping would be at ~150kB/s, and 40x burst ripping would therefore be ~6MB/s. 4 drives x6MB/s = 24MB/s, which contemporary hard drives should be able to handle, though divided across 4 separate streams, a single drive is likely to lose throughput due to thrashing.

If you plan to use secure mode across multiple drives, I'd definitely be looking at a budget dual core CPU even if you weren't planning to encode on that machine.

-brendan

Comment

• EliC
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • May 2004

I assume we will be able to run multiple drives in series? I think that makes more sense for me from a cost effective point. Load up 8 drives and walk away for a reasonable period while ripping and encoding are occurring.

Hopefully, we will be able to select the meta-data for all the discs at the beginning of the task so it can run un-interrupted without further user interface required.

Comment

• bhoar
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Sep 2006

I assume we will be able to run multiple drives in series? I think that makes more sense for me from a cost effective point. Load up 8 drives and walk away for a reasonable period while ripping and encoding are occurring.
                            That certainly would be a nice feature as well, queuing of drives. It would be similar to how Riptastic! supported the Nakamichi 5-disc SCSI changers (by default, the scsi version of the changer shows up with one drive letter per CD slot in Windows).

-brendan

Comment

• Ichiro
                              • Aug 2007

Hi,

I am very interested in beta testing your software.

I have a Primara BravoPro II.

Thanks!
                              Ichiro

Comment

Working...

]]>