title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter R13.3

Administrator

dBpoweramp Music Converter R13.3

Changes:

Secure ripper - fixed issue which could lead to 18KB files from an unsecure rip with c2 pointers
    MusicBrainz performance improved
    New option: CD Ripping >> Options >> Secure Settings >> 8KB Transfers (c2 Pointers over USB / Firewire)
    All programs - menu selection improved (grey bar removed, uses light blue with a tick mark on end)
    mp3 decoder - switched and now supports network streaming (for Renaissance) ****** FREEFORMAT SUPPORT YET TO BE ADDED ******
    FLAC decoder able to stream from network (for Renaissance)
    wave decoder able to stream from network (for Renaissance)
    Core Converter when writing ID Tags after conversion, retries for 3 seconds (incase another program has the file open)
    CD Ripper - allowed to remove disc 1/1 number manually
    CD Ripper - perfect meta review page - always show even if no meta matches
    CD Ripper - after ripping encoder is reloaded (as might be to audio cd where showing % used)
    CD Ripper - improvement in isrc surving perfectmeta get (if ISRC or UPC are read from disc).
    CD Ripper - meta >> retrive from >> ISRC after will not clear existing metadata in view

Bug Fix: - in previous version was possible to rebooting the PC without asking on install (upgrade)
    Bug Fix: CD Ripper - Perfect Meta review - when unchecking (or checking) the compilation checkbox, this change was not brought to the main window

Installation:

<now released>

5.3MB

[note install over the top of an existing registered dbpoweramp to maintain registration status]. This beta times out Dec 2009 (will go to full release before then).
    Last edited by Spoon; 09-02-2009 at 05:14 AM.

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter R13.3

Forgot the New option: CD Ripping >> Options >> Secure Settings >> 8KB Transfers (c2 Pointers over USB / Firewire)

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Forgot the New option: CD Ripping >> Options >> Secure Settings >> 8KB Transfers (c2 Pointers over USB / Firewire)
    Can you explain what this is? Does it enable c2 over any usb/firewire bridge?

Administrator

There is no universal, but it can help if c2 is failing over usb or firewire.

dBpoweramp Guru

Spoon,
    Any chance of getting any of the R13 requests below? I think these should be easy to implement

-Separate accurately ripped and inaccurate directories: When a disc is ripped accurately the files are placed in the normal directory for ENTRIRE albums. When one or more tracks on the disc are inaccurate the user would have the option to move all of the disc, or just the inaccurate files to an incomplete or inaccurate directory separate and distinct from the main library. If in the future the disc is repaired or a different copy of the same pressing is ripped and all of the files are ripped accurately dB moves the album over to the accurate directory. This does NOT require database functionality. When a disc is inserted check the directory. If the disc already exists in the accurate directory, double check the number of tracks/ARid/CD TOC, inform the user and the rip can be canceled. It it exists in the innaccurate directory, only select the innaccurate tracks to be re-ripped by default. If all tracks are accurate move the disc to the accurate directory. If the disc is in neither directory rip to a temporary rip directory, at the end of the rip move the disc to the appropriate directory

-write the meta-data from each provider to a txt file in the ripped album directory. This is not caching or storing the meta data in your software and not really different from writing it as meta-data in the file, but would make it easier to edit the meta tags of ripped files more easily in the future.

-option to reject non-pressed discs: This would be beneficial for commercial rippers as they probably don't want to offer ripping services for burned discs for copyright reasons. Personally, I purchase large lots of discs and don't want to inspect them all individually. I don't want to accidentally rip a burned disc and would like dB to notify me if a disc is not a pressed one. Especially important if I start using the batch ripper

-option to save the highest resolution art from BOTH sources automatically: the art from different sources is often wrong or of poor quality. Especially with the batch ripper where you are paying for the meta-data you should grab it ALL in case the one downloaded by default is wrong or poor quality

-Option for second pass burst mode if first pass does not match accuraterip, before advancing to secure ripping. It seems that often if there are errors, re-ripping often gets an accuraterip the first time around while secure ripping may toil for a very long time and maybe get an accuraterip. If C2 is enable collect additional C2 pointers during 2nd pass.

-Option to tag each song with the following additional tags:

-Drive Make and Model used for rip
    -Drive offset if used
    -If Overread Lead-in/out was used

-option to force secure rip (or second pass burst) on portions of 1st and last track not in covered by AR: spoon, I know you don't seem to be a fan of this or think its required. However, its only an option, should(?) be easy to implement, and other users have requested it as well

Greetings Spoon,

I just installed this latest version and have discovered a bug. It seems that the '[TRIMLASTFOLDER' and '[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER]' naming elements no longer work at all!

Kind regards,
    Jason

Administrator

Post your exact naming string, also in which program? music converter?

Greetings Spoon,

Music Converter.

Here is my exact naming string:

[[UPPER][extension][]]\[[tag]AlbumType[]s]\[IFEQUALS]AlbumType,Album,[album artist]\[][IFEQUALS]AlbumType,Audiobook,[album artist]\[][IFEQUALS]AlbumType,Single,[album artist]\[][TRIM][TRIMLASTFOLDER][TRIMLASTFOLDER][TRIMLASTFOLDER][tag]AlbumPathTemplate[][][][][][IFVALUE]AlbumNumber,[IF!EQUALS]AlbumNumber,01/01,{[GRAB]1,2,[tag]AlbumNumber[][]} [][][TRIM][TRIMLASTFOLDER][TRIMLASTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][tag]AlbumPathTemplate[][][][][][IFVALUE]VolumeNumber,{[tag]VolumeNumber[]} [][TRIM][TRIMLASTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][tag]AlbumPathTemplate[][][][][][IFEQUALS] [disc_total] , ,{[SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]} [][IF!EQUALS] [disc_total] , ,[IFMULTI]{[SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]} [][][TRIM][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][tag]AlbumPathTemplate[][][][][]\{[track]} [artist] . [title]

My naming string is EXTREMELY complicated, but it is neccessary and does work ;-) For the purposes of reproducing the issue I encountered, set 'AlbumPathTemplate' to something like 'Box Set Title \ Album Title \ Volume Title \ Disc Title' and then set the naming to '[TRIM][TRIMLASTFOLDER][TRIMLASTFOLDER][TRIMLASTFOLDER][tag]AlbumPathTemplate[][][][][]\[track]' and you will observe that, instead of isolating 'Box Set Title' from 'AlbumPathTemplate' (which is what occurs in 13.2), the entire 'AlbumPathTemplate' is returned with any '\' characters replaced by a '-' character.

Also, any chance of adding the 'MAXLENGTH' naming element to Arrange Audio? At the moment I am having to use '[TRIM][SETLEN]<length.,,,<string>[][]'

Cheers Spoon! :-)

The 13.3 beta seems to not write log files to the target output directory, even though the option to do so is turned on. I'm on my third disc with no log file output, whereas this function always worked fine in 13.2.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    This might fix the C2 with Sony XL1B problem, I think.

-brendan

PS - thanks for this, I know I kinda got annoying about this issue last year...
    Last edited by bhoar; 05-16-2009 at 06:08 PM.

Administrator

New Beta 17th May

We have reissued the last beta, to fix the issue of File Naming which was messed up (effecting dynamic naming, ripping log saving, etc).

@ELiC - Point releases are mainly not about new features, rather fixing issues (point in case - the file naming had 1 line changed and it effected nearly every program).

@Pangit - we have added extra code to track why these files are not being written (secure Ripping not encoding), try this - on your CD where the files are not encoded, first run dBpoweramp Configuration >> Music Converter >> and Enable Debugging). Then load CD Ripper, rip the one disc and close CD ripper, the debug log file will show, please post the contents of that log.

dBpoweramp Guru

NP, sometimes minor features make it into point releases. I was hoping. Guess I will have to wait for R14. Hopefully you can work a bunch of these and my previous R14 requests in.

Quote Originally Posted by bhoar View Post
    This might fix the C2 with Sony XL1B problem, I think.
    Has anyone tested this yet? I am excited to hear that C2 support on these Sony changers may now be working.

Greetings Spoon,

I have just tested the naming in the latest beta and unfortunately, there appears to be issues with it.

For example, if I try to use '[TRIM][TRIMLASTFOLDER][TRIMLASTFOLDER][TRIMLASTFOLDER][album][][][][][]\[track]' for naming where '[album]' contains '\' characters (for example, 'Box Title \ Album Title \ Volume Title \ Disc Title', the '\' characters are replaced with '-' characters and the '[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER]'/'[TRIMLASTFOLDER]' naming elements have no affect (previously I was able to use similar naming to isolate album title elements by using '\' as a token).

Furthermore, if I use '{[TRIM][TRIMLASTFOLDER][TRIMLASTFOLDER][TRIMLASTFOLDER][album][][][][][]}\[track]' for naming and using similar strings for '[album]' as shown above, instead of ending up with '{<album element>}\<track>', I end up with '{<album element>\}\<track>', this is a bug that is also present in previous versions.

Thank you Spoon for your diligence in ensuring your oustanding product continues to exceed the expectations of those who use it. Keep up the fantastic work! :-)

Kind regards,

Jason.

Administrator

>[TRIM][TRIMLASTFOLDER][TRIMLASTFOLDER][TRIMLASTFOLDER][album][][][][][]\[track]
    >[album]' contains '\' characters

Yes this is correct and by design now, because it was not correct to create multiple folders if someone had '\' in the album name.

TrimLastFolder will always return '\' on the end.