title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of dMC R13

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inputusername
    • Jan 2008

Re: Discussion of dMC R13

I forgot to add that I have 2 optical drives and would love to rip 2 CD's at the same time if possible...thanks.

Originally posted by inputusername
    OK...go easy on me as I am a noob. I have about 500+ CD's that have been ripped to ACC. I got rid of my iPod and I am not happy with that format due to many other devices not playing it.

I have plenty of 1TB hard drive space on my new computer and I am planning either an external hard drive or a NAS for backup.

My goal is to reconvert all of my CD's into FLAC and MP3. FLAC for archival and for my Squeezebox...and MP3 for my DAP (Zune 80 right now).

I was considering using either EAC or dBpoweramp, but now think that dBpoweramp sounds like the better choice. I was doing research on this site and found this forum about the beta release.

My question is: should I use 12.4 or the beta R13 to rip and convert to both FLAC and MP3 at the same time? If they are both capable, what advantages/disadvantages are there to using R13. I have used beta software before and I am comfortable with that. Also, I am running Vista x64 with a Q6600 quad core...so the multi-core ability is a plus.

Thanks for your advice!

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

They both (R12 & R13) work with multi-cd drives, open up 2 CD Rippers.

As to wether you need R13 or not, take a look at the changes, if you are not affected by any of the items listed then R12 is the best choice.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Also, make sure you get Reference, as you want the multi-core abilities of dMC.

Comment

• inputusername
          • Jan 2008

Thanks guys.

I can't decide on whether I want to rip each track as a FLAC file or rip an entire album to one file and use cuesheets. I see positives and negatives to both ways. It appears R13 will be needed if I go that route.

If I would download R13 I assume the same 30 day reference trial applies or does the reference trial extend until R13 is released? Then I would buy the R13 reference license when it comes out in May/June?

Comment

• EliC
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

what benefit do you see to ripping the disc as one file?

Comment

• inputusername
              • Jan 2008

I was under the impression that was the only way to make a bit-perfect duplication of the original CD shall I ever need to make a backup since it has album boundaries, index points, etc. Am I off base here???

Originally posted by EliC
              what benefit do you see to ripping the disc as one file?

Comment

• Spook
                • Feb 2008

Compilations & AccurateRip

(perhaps not R13 specific, but since that is what I am using and don't know if something since R11/12 in this regard changed..)

I have been ripping and re-ripping CD for the past couple days and have come across a pattern which I presume isn't specific to dMC R13 but wanted to mention it anyhow..

All of my single artist discs pass AR but so far all "Various Artists" compilations fail. I'm using [ultra]secure at times and the discs are in fine shape.

I don't know the details of the AR audio fingerprinting but I am thinking that the songs are somehow being compared to AR hashes of the same song but different disc or somesuch.

The handfull of compilations I have are from Time Life, Warner, etc.

Anyhow it's not a big deal since the music sounds fine and I am quite sure dMC is ripping perfectly, however it's kind of a downer to see all the alarms of AR innacurate rips. Just figured you folks might have some contacts with AR and might be able to shed some light on the apparent issue.

I liken it to false positives someone might freak out about after installing a decent firewall after having nothing but the XP firewall.

Comment

• PigsOnTheWing
                  • Jul 2007

Which is the better choice, at this point in time, dMC R12.4 Reference or dMC R13 Alpha? Also, what happens when I install over my registered version? Will I end up losing my registered status? What about my settings? My apologies in advance, should these be stupid questions. :o

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

From the beta thread:
                    Originally posted by Spoon
                    Power Pack users: install over the top of existing registered power pack version.
                    Reference users: install over the top of reference version, will remain Reference until July.
                    In other words, PowerPack users keep their registered status, Reference users stay registered until July.

Comment

• studley
                      • Oct 2006

In the latest beta you have added:
                      Update 6th March

mp3 Tagging: Sytle tag mapped to 'Content Group Descriptor'
                      --

Can you explain where the Style tag is coming from and why you are mapping it to another tag.

I use Style from AMG in my own tagging and am wondering how this will affect me.

Thanks, David

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

ID3v2 tags do not have a style 'slot', iTunes uses the Content Group Descriptor and it fits nicely with sytles, so it has fond a home so to speak.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• studley
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
                          ID3v2 tags do not have a style 'slot', iTunes uses the Content Group Descriptor and it fits nicely with sytles, so it has fond a home so to speak.
                          Everybody needs a home
                          Is that AMG's Style?

Thanks, David

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

Yes
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Teknojnky
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Dec 2006

I am getting a 404 file not found error when trying to download the latest r13.

Comment

• Teknojnky
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • Dec 2006

The musicbrainz retrieval track index is off when using a HTOA cd such as this one..

As a side note, R13 was seemingly able to extract track 00 (altho I am not sure if that is what is supposed to sound like, I will have to cross-verify it on other stuff/cd player) with this laptop drive indicated in the image.

Comment

Working...

]]>