title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion of dMC R13

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Settings for one drive vs. all drives (was Re: Discussion of dMC R13)

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    I was thinking of changing the color of the drive specific items.
    I think that would be a "good-enough" first step for now.

-brendan

Banned

Re: Discussion of dMC R13

Can you give a rough estimate when R13 will be released? In 2 weeks, 4 months, 3 years? I’m interested in ripping HTOA. I would like to buy R13 Reference soon with the other planned features added later.
    Last edited by lucky; 12-14-2007 at 01:42 AM.

Administrator

May or June.

I've just installed the latest version of R13 (5th Dec) and seem to have a problem with it detecting my physical DVD drive (a Samsung SH-S203B). I think it may be related to having Alcohol 120% (v1.9.7.6022) installed since dBPowerAmp can detect the virtual drive without any problems but when I disable it, dBPowerAmp cannot find any drives at all since the real DVD drive isn't shown in the list.

dBPowerAmp Reference v12.4 works fine however even when the virtual drive is enabled.

What version of Windows are you using? Are you running as an Administrator? Try going into Options and changing the CD Communication setting to "Windows Internal" instead of "SCSI Pass-Through".

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by aceuk
    I've just installed the latest version of R13 (5th Dec) and seem to have a problem with it detecting my physical DVD drive (a Samsung SH-S203B). I think it may be related to having Alcohol 120% (v1.9.7.6022) installed since dBPowerAmp can detect the virtual drive without any problems but when I disable it, dBPowerAmp cannot find any drives at all since the real DVD drive isn't shown in the list.

dBPowerAmp Reference v12.4 works fine however even when the virtual drive is enabled.
    I suggest reporting the bug to the alcohol folks, since a fix will most likely come from their camp.

-brendan

I'm running Vista Ultimate (32-bit version) with SP1 RC and UAC turned off. I think I'll report the problems to AlcoholSoft and see what they say. For the time being I've reverted to v12.4. When I've got a bit more time after Christmas I'll see if uninstalling Alcohol 120% will allow R13 to work properly.
    Last edited by aceuk; 12-26-2007 at 05:23 PM.

Administrator

R13 and R12.4 should be identical at detecting drives.

The "Rip as One" is a welcomed returned item! One thing with it, in selecting the start and end positions, the option to "snap to" track borders was very nice in v11, I hope that will be making a return with the Rip as One.

Also, it seems that once the rip is complete, if you wanted to rip different tracks as one, it resets just about everything and I have to add back much of the tag ID information again. Artist, composer, track number and track are all reset.
    Last edited by bartour; 01-02-2008 at 03:24 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hm, I tried and then uninstalled the dBpoweramp Reference, but now the dMC R13 requests the Reference component, and refuses to work. Yes I have tried to delete and reinstall.

I guess it is deliberate to make such traces hard to remove in order to make life harder for leeches tempting to use successive trials, but do I have to reinstall the entire OS?

(I hope the software does not phone home ...)

No, dMC doesn't phone home. You can uninstall dMC and then run the utility here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=13285 to totally remove it from your system.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LtData View Post
    You can uninstall dMC and then run the utility here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=13285 to totally remove it from your system.
    Thank you, but: it does not work. I did
    * uninstall
    * fully reboot
    * run the utility
    * try to setup dBpoweramp R13 (unchecked the AMG trial subscription), then setup the Batch Ripper.

Got the same error: first I got the message it was already a version 6 there, then it says it requires the Reference.

Tried same thing again, did not work. Discovered the Batch Ripper was still left in the folder. Tried uninstall, reboot, run utility, manually delete folder, run utility, reboot, and inspect registry with regedit, searching for "dbpoweramp", "spoon", "batch" and "illustrate" -- there were lots of entries left. I removed as much as I could and dared, then a regclean utility which found a few more entries orphaned, then just for the h(x) of it another run of the utility.

Then tried to set up in a totally different folder. Same result, the Batch Ripper Configuration still says it requires the Reference.

Same result actually when I first do install a trial version of Reference, then the v13 beta on top, then the Batch Ripper (as suggested). Yes so much is removed that I can install another Reference -- but not use the Batch Ripper.

(I'll reinstall in a few weeks (after upgrading some hardware), so please don't worry about me, rather worry about a potential bug. And by the way, I take your word that the software does not phone home, no insult intended.)

Administrator

If you have used your Reference Trial the only way to continue is by installing the Registered version of Reference (for items which rely on Reference, such as Batch Ripper).

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If you have used your Reference Trial the only way to continue is by installing the Registered version of Reference (for items which rely on Reference, such as Batch Ripper).
    OK, so Batch Ripper needs Reference?

Right. So what has happened is that I tried the Reference (just to try, not thinking of Batch Ripper), and then it just was there when I installed R13, and then it simply expired. That makes sense.

OK...go easy on me as I am a noob. I have about 500+ CD's that have been ripped to ACC. I got rid of my iPod and I am not happy with that format due to many other devices not playing it.

I have plenty of 1TB hard drive space on my new computer and I am planning either an external hard drive or a NAS for backup.

My goal is to reconvert all of my CD's into FLAC and MP3. FLAC for archival and for my Squeezebox...and MP3 for my DAP (Zune 80 right now).

I was considering using either EAC or dBpoweramp, but now think that dBpoweramp sounds like the better choice. I was doing research on this site and found this forum about the beta release.

My question is: should I use 12.4 or the beta R13 to rip and convert to both FLAC and MP3 at the same time? If they are both capable, what advantages/disadvantages are there to using R13. I have used beta software before and I am comfortable with that. Also, I am running Vista x64 with a Q6600 quad core...so the multi-core ability is a plus.

Thanks for your advice!