title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion of dMC R13

Administrator

Re: Discussion of dMC R13

If the cd has a start lba of 0, it is checked out by accuraterip ok? (when mounted)?
    ---------
    The problem lies when trying to do secure ripping, memory requirements are high, R12 uses multiple passes.

For actual cue sheet + image ripping we will do things differently, the end results will be the same, just without the memory requirements (plus will be checked against accurate rip).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    For actual cue sheet + image ripping we will do things differently, the end results will be the same, just without the memory requirements (plus will be checked against accurate rip).
    I have a couple of questions about the cue+image ripping.

Will it be possible to have the cue sheet include the information about sub tracks? Albums like Pump by Aerosmith contain the information in the disc about where the sub tracks are, but sometimes I would like to just split them into separate tracks. And have the subsequent tracks renumbered so as to have them in the proper sequence.

And secondly, will dMC 13, contain a way of taking a cue+image and splitting it out into separate tracks, without any user interaction to set the genre and other info? The tools that I was using for this require me to take the image and manually set the genre and year each time I want to split the image.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    If the cd has a start lba of 0, it is checked out by accuraterip ok? (when mounted)?
    Yes

dBpoweramp Guru

Is there a difference between burst mode and 1st and 2nd pass in secure mode? I believe there may be a bug in the code. I have been testing a disc with small blemishes. It rips fine in burst mode and are confirmed by AR. In secure mode they go through 1st, 2nd, and ultrasecure. If the burst setting is able to read them each time accurately, this should be the same case for 1st or 2nd pass in secure mode.

EDIT: Ok, so a few more rips and it seems that maybe the law of averages has just caught up with me. It rips ok in burst mode a high percentage of the time, but just wasn't doing so in secure mode (but never has)
    Last edited by EliC; 11-13-2007 at 10:04 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by EliC
    EDIT: Ok, so a few more rips and it seems that maybe the law of averages has just caught up with me. It rips ok in burst mode a high percentage of the time, but just wasn't doing so in secure mode (but never has)

Actually, it was only my plextor premium that sometimes reads errors in burst mode. Every other drive is reading the disc fine in burst mode, but requires multiple passes in secure mode.

dBpoweramp Guru

minor bug report

Minor Bug:
    dBpoweramp losses focus when the accuraterip configuration window pops up.

Something strange happened today when I tried dMC R13 and Rip as One for the first time. I will try to explain the best I can.

Installed R13 over the top of my registered power pack version 12.3. The first CD I ripped was Boston's "Walk On" with the secure setting. After the 2nd pass the ripping stopped at 99% and I could hear the hard drive racing. After about 1 minute or so of this, and the 2nd pass still at 99% I figured something was wrong. DMC would not respond to any attempts to stop the rip or to close. I soon got an error msg from Vista that the program was not responding. I tried to stop it via Windows but no response, the hard drive was still racing. I finally had to power off the pc, but by this time I guess it was too late. When I tried to start the computer it would not boot, I would only get a BSOD. Tried reinstalling Vista from the DVD and the install would freeze on the disk.sys file. Tried the install a second time, same thing. I had another IDE hard drive I was going to make into an external HD laying around so I tried to install Vista on it, no problems. I have come to the conclusion the original HD is damaged.

Any suggestions as to what may have happened?

Administrator

Your system ran out of memory, It is not recommended rip as one be used with secure as each pass needs to store in memory.

It is possible the first Hard Disk had a problem waiting to happen, and windows expanding the swap file has found this problem.

I think you are right about the hard drive having a problem waiting to happen.

Updated 16th November

CD Ripper: Possible to write secure ripping log to ripping folder when using the multi-encoder

This is great but it isn't intuitive to me how to do this. Help as always is appreciated.

Administrator

CDRipper >> Options >> Secure Settings, delete all the text in the path box and let it default.

Reference users: install over the top of reference version, will remain Reference until December.
    Sorry. What exactly does that mean? "Will remain Reference until December"?

Thanks.

Administrator

Means currently there is a beta time limit on this version, it will be extended next month.

dBpoweramp Guru

Settings for one drive vs. all drives (was Re: Discussion of dMC R13)

Spoon -

In the CD Ripper (CDGrab.exe) Options dialog, I find that one has to be very familiar with which settings in the dialog are specific to the particular drive currently selected and which settings apply to all drives.

e.g. All drives:

Ripping Method and children (except portions of the Secure Settings as outlined below)

AccurateRip Enabled/Disable (though the configuration itself is associated with a specific drive)

CD ROM (except for the drive description, technical info and sample offset...I think...maybe more)

e.g. Each drive

Portions of the Secure Ripping subdialog: Read cache, Clear cache, C2 Pointers.

AccurateRip configuration (of course)

Sample Offset (usually derived from above)

Would it be possible (or agreeable or useful?) to take a look at the way the information is presented there and, perhaps, break it down into the general options vs. the drive specific options?

Alternately, perhaps there's a batch-ripping "profile" way to present the same information, perhaps through the batch ripper or batch ripper configuration?

-brendan

Administrator

Re: Settings for one drive vs. all drives (was Re: Discussion of dMC R13)

I was thinking of changing the color of the drive specific items.