title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of dMC R13

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Porcus
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2007

Re: Discussion of dMC R13

Originally posted by EliC
    Here is the thread for PerfectMeta formatting suggestions:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=16781
    Ah, and I see you have already requested part of my suggestions. Sorry for messing up.

Comment

• ffm76600
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2007

Re

I have found a problem in the version 13 (the last one), my mp3 are not gapless, but yes with the version 12.4.

And other question :

When do you release the final version 13 ?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Run dbpoweramp Configuration >> Music Converter Tab >> 'Advanced' (next to Enable Popup information tips)

Under 'Extended (Reference)' enable MPEG Technical, Ok, Ok then hold the mouse over a R13 mp3 file, it should say:

MPEG Technical: Header: Lame [delay: 576 padding: 1764] Bits: Original

If it does, then the gapless information is in the header.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Wirrunna
          • May 2008

Final pricing for R13 is up (http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost...8&postcount=23), when will it be available ?
          I know I can buy R12 for $28 and upgrade for another $12 but my bank charges me a few dollars for every overseas transaction which I would rather avoid if it is only a week or so from release.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

I am aiming for 2 weeks, might slip to 3.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Feb 2007

Just curious on the pricing vs the licensing: Single computer? Many? Network?

Idea/suggestion:
              - Individual non-commercial use: All computers in your home (you may impose anti-piracy measures like constraining to computers in the same Microsoft "home network") -- so that troublesome CDs may be attempted secure-ripped on every drive in every computer in the house
              - Others: Per computer.

Also, as much as I usually ridicule "999.99" pricing, it is there for some reason: "$40" looks much more than "$39" I think, at least for an individual. You know your competition. On the other hand, was it $6 a year for the commercial metadata? That's an outright steal and a major selling point, even with the current PerfectMeta imperfections (worth every penny even with PerfectMeta turned off).

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

I have revised the prices slightly. For individual / non commercial, we allow the same license to be used on multiple machines, as long as it is not used simultaneously as other machines. This excludes the AMG license.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
                  I have revised the prices slightly.
                  Wow/thanks ;-)

Comment

• Salem874
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Sep 2006

Hi

I've just seen that dBMC R13 is just about ready for release, and that the prices have been announced.

Is there any estimate on when it is expected to become available? I'm a dBMC R12 PowerPack & MP3 user, and want to purchase an AMG license. However i don't want to waste money in buying a license for AMG if R13 is gonna be available soon as i wanted to buy dBMC R13 Reference anyway (which includes PerfectMeta license).

Or, if i was to purchase an AMG license now, giving me 12 months, then purchase R13 Reference would i then have a 24 months access to the meta data services? And, if I was to buy an AMG license now, and decide not to purchase R13 Ref, would my AMG license be good for the new R13 PerfectMeta?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Any upgrades do not come with AMG licenses, so you are free to purchase the AMG license as required. Any AMG license is good for perfect meta with R13.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

AMG access comes in a year max, you do not get 2 years of access at a time.

Comment

• jhovesen
                          • May 2008

In using the dBpoweramp Batch Converter, I have experienced a few issues. I have been using dBC to convert from flac to lossless wma [Encode Local]. The issues are as follows:
                          1) Very often the first or second file to be converted has to be re-converted due to an error, e.g.
                          "Error converting to [Encode Local], 'D:\!! Music\Boston_-_Greatest_Hits_(1997)[1]\01. Tell Me.flac' to 'D:\Multimedia\Music\Boston\Greatest Hits\Greatest Hits - 01 - Boston - Tell Me.IGNORE'
                          Windows Media Audio 10: Error unable to open File 'D:\Temp\149238715-dblocalencode.wma' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]". "Reconvert failed" fixes the issue.
                          2) Often one or two of the converted files from a batch is not tagged; re-converting fixes the issue.
                          3) The "Reset" button doesn't work.

If converting directly (not using [Encode Local]) the second issue happens more often, whereas the first never happens.

I run dBC in Windows Vista Ultimate on a Intel E8400 Core2 Duo CPU.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

There are issues with [Encode Local], you are best not using it ATM if it is not working 100% for you.

R13 (released shortly has support for making sure the file is tagged, what happens is a virus checker might look at the file after writing and the tagging fails, I have seen it myself).
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ffm76600
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
                              Run dbpoweramp Configuration >> Music Converter Tab >> 'Advanced' (next to Enable Popup information tips)

Under 'Extended (Reference)' enable MPEG Technical, Ok, Ok then hold the mouse over a R13 mp3 file, it should say:

MPEG Technical: Header: Lame [delay: 576 padding: 1764] Bits: Original

If it does, then the gapless information is in the header.
                              With the final version 13, i have in (MPEG Techical), mp3 files :
                              Header: (none) Bits:CRC, Copyright, Original Free-Format

And no in the Gapless column

Strange because I have this with the version 12.4 :
                              MPEG Technical: Header: Lame [delay: 576 padding: 1932] Bits:CRC, Copyright, Original Free-Format

And yes in the gapless column

Strange in winamp my new files are joint stereo (option is stereo mode) and the encoder change lame 3.97 (dmc 12.4) to 3.97u or 3.97a (dmc 13)

This new version is very buggy :-(
                              Last edited by ffm76600; 05-24-2008, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• ffm76600
                                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                                • Apr 2007

Your new mp3 lame encoder (mp3 (Lame).dll) and your mp3 encoder.exe file are very buggy but your software is ok !

I change the mp3 (Lame).dll file (version 13) by the last version mp3 (Lame).dll file (12.4) and now it's ok ! :D
                                Last edited by ffm76600; 05-24-2008, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>