title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discussion of dMC R13

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

Discussion of dMC R13

For All discussions of Music Converter R13

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Discussion of dMC R13

the same problem like the 12.3 build. the id-tag edit dont work here under x64 dont too :(

Administrator

It is not fixed as yet, when R12.4 betas it will be fixed in r13

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

thx for the information (other thread too)

The only problem that I've seen in R13 is that the pop-up info window doesn't work at all. For any codecs. Anywhere.

Cursoring over files with the codec installed only gives the windows infotip.

Of course, the pop-up window has NEVER worked unless the files are associated with a player. If that isn't by design, maybe you can look at it.

The new metatag service seems to work ok, but I don't see the benefit over using freedb.

all in all, so far, so good.

What version of Windows are you using, Launfal?

OK, I've been banging on the beta for a while now, and I've got some more feedback that I hope is helpful.

First: WinXP, SP 2, cheapo CD Writer as the main ripping drive.

Two small things that I've noticed: 1) When getting ready to rip a disk, say I don't want the DISCNUMBER field written to the tags. I go to the bottom where the fields are, I hit the X and get rid of DISCNUMBER. When the CD is ripped, the DISCNUMBER field is written anyway, and I have to edit the tags to take it out. The only way to insure that the tag doesn't get written is to disable it in prefs. Using the X worked in 12.2, but I don't know if this is the case for other tags. I presume that it is.

2) When minimizing to the status bar and leaving it there for a while, sometimes it won't restore without right clicking and hitting restore. 12.2 exhibited this behavior, too, and it's not a deal breaker. Maybe something to look at. Oh, maybe 2a) Also when leaving it running for a while, the CD detection stops working. Quitting and restarting seems to get it working again.

Other than that, it seems to be pretty rock solid for a beta. Go Spoon, go!

Thanks for the great work, and I hope some of this helps.

Dang it, I knew there was something else! This would be 3) When using the batch converter, say I highlight 4 directories in Windows Explorer and hit the batch convert on the right click menu. I get one batch converter window for each directory with one of the directories highlighted for conversion, instead of one window with all 4 directories highlighted. Imagine my surprise when my status bar lit up with all of those tabs. Anyway, I think that's the last thing for now.

[Edit: Added batch converter problem]
    Last edited by Launfal; 09-19-2007 at 10:02 AM.

Administrator

Will look into the Plextor PX-40 issue.

Cue sheets, etc,all we can say is they will be in the final R13 release, cannot say when that will be.

To remove disc number, go into Options >> ID Tag options and uncheck there.

I am interested in the "Rip as One" feature, does this mean we can rip an iso image of the audio CD? Can we also include album art?

Thanks.

Administrator

ISO is used for Data CDs, typically people rip to a format such as FLAC and include a cue sheet, this will be coming for R13 shortly.

I'm about to rip a fair number of albums to MP3, I have a registered version of 12.3 Reference... I was going to install the 12.4 Beta before ripping - is there any great benefit at this point in using the R13 Alpha over 12.4 Beta (or don't mess with either and stay with 12.3)?

Thanks!

dBpoweramp Guru

R13 adds support for HTOA, which are tracks hidden before track 1 on some CDs. This may or may not affect your CDs.

So does R13 Alpha have everything that 12.4 Beta has i.e. secure mode defaults to a 1 MB cache?

dBpoweramp Guru

Just curious on the pricing vs the licensing: Single computer? Many? Network?

Idea/suggestion:
    - Individual non-commercial use: All computers in your home (you may impose anti-piracy measures like constraining to computers in the same Microsoft "home network") -- so that troublesome CDs may be attempted secure-ripped on every drive in every computer in the house
    - Others: Per computer.

Also, as much as I usually ridicule "999.99" pricing, it is there for some reason: "$40" looks much more than "$39" I think, at least for an individual. You know your competition. On the other hand, was it $6 a year for the commercial metadata? That's an outright steal and a major selling point, even with the current PerfectMeta imperfections (worth every penny even with PerfectMeta turned off).

Administrator

I have revised the prices slightly. For individual / non commercial, we allow the same license to be used on multiple machines, as long as it is not used simultaneously as other machines. This excludes the AMG license.