title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Support for CUE Sheets?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greigmg
    • Sep 2007

Support for CUE Sheets?

Does dMC currently or have any plans to support CUE sheets with a FLAC file?

If not, does anyone have a better option for me to convert CUE/FLAC files to Apple lossless?

(btw "CUE" is too short to search for)

Thanks.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Support for CUE Sheets?

CUE sheet support is planned for dMC r13.
    If you use "CUE Sheets" as your search term, both terms are used as a phrase.

Comment

• greigmg
      • Sep 2007

Is there a beta available or any estimate on its release?

Until then, what are others doing to convert cue/flac combos into apple lossless? Is there some sort of common workaround?

Thanks again, my 160gb ipod "classic" is in the mail.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

I don't know of any workarounds for converting music files with cue sheets. As for the progress of dMC r13, development started on it a week or so ago, I believe, so a beta is probably not too far off.

Comment

• greigmg
          • Sep 2007

Thanks again - I'm guessing the other option is to set up a batch process to go through and separate all the flac files into individual tracks.

Comment

• Barough
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Apr 2005

Last edited by Barough; 10-07-2008, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• lump1
              • Aug 2006

Here's what I do. It's several steps though. I convert the FLAC to APE with DMC. Then, Monkey's Audio can generate APL files from the cue sheet - a file for each individual song. Then, if you have an APE-decoding directshow codec installed, you can convert the APLs to any other format with DMC. Just make sure you follow the directshow plugin instructions and put ".APL" into the appropriate text file. Sadly, the resulting files have blank tags. Once this issue is fixed, I'll be really pleased with DMC.

Most of my music is in APE album rips with APL files for the individual songs. I use these as a basis and re-encode them in whatever lossy format fits my needs (usually OGG these days, since my portable player understands it). Now DMC can finally help me.

Comment

• Porcus
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by lump1
                Here's what I do. It's several steps though. I convert the FLAC to APE with DMC. Then, Monkey's Audio can generate APL files from the cue sheet - a file for each individual song. Then, if you have an APE-decoding directshow codec installed, you can convert the APLs to any other format with DMC. Just make sure you follow the directshow plugin instructions and put ".APL" into the appropriate text file. Sadly, the resulting files have blank tags. Once this issue is fixed, I'll be really pleased with DMC.
                I am not very familiar with this, but: looks like you could do this with a right-click-and-select in Foobar2000.

Comment

• Tigerman
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Mar 2005

Medieval Cuesplitter can do batch splitting of wave, flac, ape, etc files
                  After that you can use DBP batch converter to convert to apple lossless.

edit: bit old topic this

Comment

Working...

]]>