title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Right Click Options have stopped working

Exclamation Right Click Options have stopped working

Hi Everyone
    I am new to this Forum, but I have been using DBPowerAmp for a couple of years - first version 10.1 and for the last few months version 12.1

The two options that I have used the most are the Explorer options on Right Click to either Convert To: or to Edit ID-Tags.

Suddenly these appear to have stopped working - anyone any ideas why this should have happened and what I can do to restore these options.

I know I can still use the direct access to the Music Converter.exe file and I have been using that, but there doesn't seem to be an exe file to directly acces Edit ID-Tags when the Right Click Option doesn't work.
    Incidently I have both these boxes checked in the Config File for Music Converter.

I am running under Windows XP SP2 with all latest Microsoft updates

Many thanks

FrugalDougal

Administrator

Re: Right Click Options have stopped working

Uninstall dBpoweramp, reboot windows, then reinstall.

Hi Spoon

Thanks for your speedy response.

I have uninstalled all of the dbpowerAMP files and also completely cleared it out of the registry.
    I have rebooted and re-installed ver 12.1 but the Right Click options still do not work - although (I never said this before) they do appear in the Right Click menu, but when I select them nothing happens.

All other right click options in Explorer work as normal and I have no other problems on this computer.

Any other ideas

Many thanks

Frugal

Hi again Spoon

I have been experimenting and I have discovered that the Right Click options in Explorer DO work, but only with files within the My Music Folder on my C:\ drive.

The function does not appear to work in any other folder.

Any idea why, because it certainly always used to ?

Thanks again

Frugal

Administrator

Something to do with your Windows Explorer, we do not have specific entries for folders, one entry for say .mp3 and that does the whole drive.

Hi again

I am continuing to investigate my Right Click problem and have now discovered something odd.

Whereas I said in my last post that the Right Click function worked, but only in C:\My Music, I now discover that it only works with .wma files, but not with .mp3 (my normal).
    It also works in ALL folders when they are .wma files but NOT with .mp3

Could it be anything to do with File Association ?

Still looking for an explanation !!

Frugal

Hi again

Many thanks to Spoon and especially to Eddynat who pointed me in the right direction.

I have found a solution to my Right Click feature not working.
    It was, as Eddynat suggested, caused by conflicts from the Explorer Context Menus.
    I downloaded a copy of ShellexView(Freeware) and ran it to look at all of my Context Menu items.

I disabled all of the non-Microsoft ones and tested DbPowerAmp. The Right Click features all worked as they should.

Then by turning each of them back on again in turn within ShellexView I was able to determine the culprit.

It turned out to be 2 culprits :- Unlocker and Tag & Rename

With these two disabled everything worked again.

The odd thing, is that both of these programs have been on my PC for several months without causing any Right Click errors in the past.

Anyway, many thanks for the guidance and help, it is much appreciated.

Thanks again

Frugal

Administrator

I suspect it is not just 1 or 2 programs which are blocking dBpoweramp, rather Windows has a limit to the number it can handle.

I had just one program that when the shell extension was disabled got dbpoweramp to work again and that program was: TuneFab WeTrans

Why? No idea.