title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Composer: Only first in tags; rest omitted

Composer: Only first in tags; rest omitted

Hi,

when I retrieve the information from AMG, the ripper correctly lists all composers. They are separated with colons. While it is more common to use slashes, colons are fine with me.

When the song is actually ripped, the composer tag only lists the first composer. Example:

Ripper: "John Lennon; Paul McCartney"
    Ripped file: "John Lennon"

I have not seen the second composer anywhere, there does not seem to be a line feed or so.

How do I ensure the remaining composers make it into the tag?

I have checked the final files with Helium and Mp3Tag. As file formats, I have tried Ogg and Mpc.

Thanks for any answers
    Martin

Administrator

Re: Composer: Only first in tags; rest omitted

Hold the mouse over the file, in the popup, dBpoweramp will show if multiple items are tagged correctly.

OK, I see your point.

With mouse over, I always get both composers with a line feed, regardless of the codec. For example
    John Lennon
    Paul McCartney

Mp3Tag shows these as slash-separated for MP3 and as two composer tag entries for MPC and Ogg.

The problem is that some programs cannot handle the line feeds/duplicate entries whatever. Is there a way to store everything with slashes or colons?

Martin

Administrator

There is no line feed for Ogg, they are stored as

composer=composer1
    composer=composer2

that is how it should be, for mpc (ape tags) they are a double null terminated list, which is right for ape tags.

OK, sounds to me as if dbPowerAmp gets everything right. I have contacted the folks at Helium to solve the issue.

Thanks.