title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Naming Scheme tutorial feedback

Re: Naming Scheme tutorial feedback

Awesome, thanks!

Hi, here is my current naming Scheme:

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]VA[][]__[album]\[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]VA[][]__[album]__[IFMULTI]CD[disc]-[disc_total]_[][track]-[track_total][IFCOMP]__[artist][]__[title]

it generated for example:

D:\Music\Ablaye_Cissoko__Amanké_Dionti\Ablaye_Ciss oko__Amanké_Dionti__01-07__Kana_Maloundi.flac

But I would like the folders named in a sorting order; you gave code to change The Beetles into Beetles, The for example, but this is not general; here, I would like

D:\Music\Cissoko,_Ablaye__Amanké_Dionti\Cissoko,_A blaye__Amanké_Dionti__01-07__Kana_Maloundi.flac

I would therefore like to request to have available [album artist sort], [artist sort], and [album sort] as additional metadata sources for the naming... or is there a way to do this? Before ripping I always check for these tags and create them if needed.

Very good reason for this, which is I want to have my disc hierarchy of songs match the way the music is physically sorted on the shelf, as closely as possible.

Thank you!
    Roy Planalp

Administrator

Try [tag]artistsort[]

My simple scheme is: artist\album\track title based on a file and directory structure like this: M:\Music\Art Pepper\Straight Life\01 Surf Ride

I am trying to tag from file names only the missing tags on the first track on some albums (resulting from originally ripping to WAV files with WMP). All of the later tracks are fine and do not need to be changed. For the tracks I want to change, the title tag in my ALAC files (converted from WAV) always reads "Track 1" rather than the actual name. On those tracks the artist, album and track are also missing (i.e., they read "Unknown Album").

I have tried both of the following without success. Any assistance would be appreciated.

[IFEQUALS]title,Track 1,[artist][]\[IFEQUALS]title,Track 1,[album][]\[IFEQUALS]title,Track 1,[track][]\[IFEQUALS]title,Track 1, [title][]

[IFVALUE]title,Track 1,[artist][]\[IFVALUE]title,Track 1,[album][]\[IFVALUE]title,Track 1,[track][]\ [IFVALUE]title,Track 1, [title][]

Alan

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Why don't you just download mp3tag, load each album, and do a tag query on amazon or freedb from there, just type in the name of the album, tags and albumart wil be assigned from the software...

Thanks for the suggestion, but album art is already in file and tags for all other tracks are fine. (This is a problem unique to WMP wav rips where WMP starts writing the first track before the album info has been downloaded.) If I can't limit the tagging by file name to the first track, I'll simply rewrite all of the tags which is what I'm trying to avoid because there could be issues that I can't anticipate.

Upgraded from Win XP to Win 7 Have 2500 flac files in 109 genres but dB will no longer sort by genre. Already have Coltrane in Jazz Modern and Jazz Avant Garde. dB now ignores that and creates another file under Coltrane (I already have Coltrane folder). Where should genre go in naming scheme. When I insert genre, it inserts at end of scheme. It ain't working!. Everything worked until I upgraded to Win 7.

dBpoweramp Guru

Please explain how dBpoweramp should be sorting by genre?

dBpoweramp Guru

updating my naming scheme, hoping for a second eye on it to make sure there are no problems:

[IFVALUE]album artist,[MAXLENGTH]100,[album artist][],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][MAXLENGTH]100,[artist][][][]\[MAXLENGTH]100,[album][][IFMULTI] (Disc [disc])[] ([track_total]) ([cddb_id])\[track] - [MAXLENGTH]100,[title][]

Re: Artist surname

Quote Originally Posted by Dama View Post
    Hi
    I've looked at the tutorial but cannot find what I'm after.
    I would like to rip music to a folder with the artist surname ie Jarrett, Keith not Keith Jarrett. Can this be done?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Sorry no.
    I have R14.3 which I used to rip around 1000 CD's into FLAC. It has been a flexible and an indispensable app.

Recently, reading an uncountable number of threads/posts I discovered my library has a mix of ID3 and Vorbis metadata - a no-no. Not sure how I can proceed to remedy this oversight in a batch file but that's post for a different thread.

I prefaced my question because I'm not sure it is related to my current challenge. Experimenting with the naming scheme I also discovered

[IFVALUE]album artist sort,[album artist sort],[Album Artist][] -[Album]\[Disc].[Track]

gives me [Album Artist] - [Album]\[Disc].[Track] from a Vorbis Commented FLAC file even when the tag Album Artist Sort is populated. I think this is where the bad mix of Vorbis and ID3 reared its head.

So if I stripped out all ID3 tags so that only VORBIS metadata remains can the renaming scheme (or Arrange Audio) map the metadata to a filename which will accept the Album Artist Sort or ALBUMARTISTSORT?

If this tag is exclusive to Apple audio in the words of Homer Simpson D'oh! D'oh! D'oh!:headbang:

Administrator

Visit codec central and install the [ID Tag Update] utility codec, this allows changes to ID Tags without the need to reencode.

With this you can remove id3 tags, just by removing this option in dBpoweramp then converting to [ID Tag Update]

I did not see this mentioned previously... can you remove 'featured' artists? I.E., Accidentally Racist (featuring LL Cool J).

I do not wish it to be in the title or tags. I am only interested in the song title, not the featured artists.

Administrator

Not possible, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Not possible, sorry
    Thanks, I didn't think it was. I just have to pay attention to the song titles before ripping.

There's a nice Freeware program called 'Tag Scanner' that is a full tag editor which works with a lot of %variables% for bulk text transformation and the like. It's pretty versatile.