title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Naming Scheme tutorial feedback

Naming Scheme tutorial feedback

Please put feedback to the naming scheme tutorial (http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=13928) here.

Re: Naming Scheme Tutorial feedback

Just starting to read this carefully, but it looks very good. Lots more information, just what I needed. Thank you.

Gerard Lardner

Re: Naming Scheme tutorial feedback

OK, I have spent a lot of time studying and learning the naming commands and feel that I understand what I am doing but I am still having a problem. I want 4 rules to be followed. 1. (compilation or not) if genre = soundtrack then put it in \soundtracks\album\filename. 2. (compilation or not) if genre = holiday then put it in \holiday\album\filename. 3. if artist = various artists then put it in \various artists\album\filename. 4. if single artist or band then put it in \artist or band\album\filename. The problem I am having is that it is repeating rules or skipping them ie. James Brown Christmas is a genre holiday AND single artist but it is placing it in \James Brown\... NOT \holiday\... Any suggestions? I have tried about 2 doz different combinations and can't seem to get it to work with all options. I guess what would make it the easiest would be if the commands were order specific, then which ever rule applied first would be the one that DBA would follow.

Thanks again,
    Nathan

Where do you insert the '\' to get a new folder created per album regardless of whether it's a compilation, multidisc, or single disk?

I just ripped a single cd and the only folder that was created was for the artist.

I'm using the default naming scheme...
    [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][]\[track] [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[artist] - [album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][] - [track] - [title][]

Thanks!

For the [IFCOMP] part, you should have a separate folder for each album. For the [IF!COMP] part, add a [album]\ towards the end, to make it this:
    Code:
    \[album]\[artist] - [album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][] - [track] - [title][]

Thanks. That did the trick!

Here's my current naming scheme:

Code:
    [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][]\[track] [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\[artist] - [album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][] - [track] - [title][]
    This creates a folder per artist and per album. How can I also create a folder per disc in a box set scenario?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus_CA
    Here's my current naming scheme:

Code:
    [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][]\[track] [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\[artist] - [album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][] - [track] - [title][]
    This creates a folder per artist and per album. How can I also create a folder per disc in a box set scenario?

Thanks!
    This may be a silly question but is there any benefit to having all songs at the same folder level?

Magnus: Change "\[album]\" to "\[album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][]\"

Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    Magnus: Change "\[album]\" to "\[album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][]\"
    Thanks. Again, is there any advantage to having all of your audio files on the same folder level? I can see this approach will bury all multidisc songs down a directory. Just trying to cover all bases since this archiving job will probably rule my life for the next week.

I don't know of any advantage of having your audio files on the same level. I do know this means that if you use dMC, you will only get one album art file for the folder.

Help with code.

I have started ripping CDs into Flac and I've notioced a few differences between Flac and WMA lossless. I don't have album art in the WMA folders so I guess each file has it built in. Is this a good idea or not since DBP is not doing it this way?

I'm not into programming and really don't want to learn this stuff but I guess I have to to some degree. What I noticed was that the program is just saving all the sogs from an artist in one folder and only retreiving the cover art for the first disc ripped. I like the way WMP does it and like the cascading folders, i.e. Bon Jovi as a folder and then albums/folders within that folder.

This code listed above, is this the correct code and can I just do a copy/paste and use it and will it do as I'm discussing?

Re: Help with code.

Your naming scheme looks like it will do that, yes.

Why don't you just implement the mostly used naming settings into default choices for the ripper.

Administrator

We do, but everyone is different.