title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Naming Scheme tutorial feedback

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Naming Scheme tutorial feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It is not a bug, as naming is independent to ID Tags.
    So, why is the behaviour for [track] and [disc] not consistent i.e. why is track padding and disc not padding, within the naming string?
    Last edited by mville; 03-27-2016 at 07:09 AM.

Administrator

The naming section is shared between programs, CD Ripper, dMC, Multi Encoder to name a few, it does not have access to CD Rippers ID Tag settings. For naming track numbers are always padded, disc numbers are not (not many people have disc sets of 10 or more discs).

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The naming section is shared between programs, CD Ripper, dMC, Multi Encoder to name a few, it does not have access to CD Rippers ID Tag settings. For naming track numbers are always padded, disc numbers are not (not many people have disc sets of 10 or more discs).
    Thank you for the clarification.

After purchasing dBpoweramp Reference and PerfectTunes software recently, I've re-ripped and re-organised our CD music collection, using CD Ripper. 169 artists and compilations, 3200 songs, great value software, thank you!

Now that it's done, I want to create a separate MP3 version of the collection so I can copy it to my wife's and my smartphones.

NOTE:
    My default Music folder path is:
    C:\Users\Brent\OneDrive\Music\*.*

My new path for the MP3 version is:
    C:\Samsung S9 Music\*.*

If I setup a profile in Music Converter to do the task (as and when we add new albums to the collection), what do I input into MC's profile dialogs — to suit the MP3 path above?

Administrator

Set the naming to:

[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][][][]\[origfilename]

I like the software but the naming is horrible to understand. Just honest feedback.

I have ripped files to Music\FLAC

I am converting them to MP3 and want to add them to the same artist\song folder structure under

Music\MP3s

Seems really simple but I cannot get it to work even when I copy over the paths from mt old PC with an old version of the software.

Administrator

What you are asking is quite complex, because your 'Music' folder really is:

c:\users\[username]\Music

so to go from:

c:\users\[username]\Music\FLAC\some folder\possibly another folder\filename.ext

to

c:\users\[username]\Music\mp3\some folder\possibly another folder\filename.ext

You have to trim the first 4 folders:

[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][][][][]\[origfilename]

Then set your base output folder to: Music\Mp3\