title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD insertion causes error message

Unregistered

Angry CD insertion causes error message

After installing dMC on my Win2K system, I ripped an album to MP3 and tried to listen to it with Windows Media Player. Although it seemed to be playing it, I heard absolutely nothing.

Worse yet, when I put a CD into the drive to listen to it, I now get an error dialogue that says "Access to the specified device, path, or file is denied" and the CD player does not start. After I uninstalled dMC, the problem persisted, and I noticed that there is still a ton of dMC stuff left in the registry, including "dMC.AidioCD.Autorun". Could this be the culprit? Can I just delete this entry from the registry. Why doesn't the uninstaller do a better job?

I can't say that I'm very impressed with this product so far.

Administrator
    Whilst dMC is accessing a CD drive it tells windows not to autorun a program when a CD is inserted. Normally when dMC is exited it will restore the old program, also when dMC is being uninstalled it will restrore the old program. How it has not worked on yours I cannot say, but look in the regitry

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AudioCD\\Shell\\play\\command

The "" item is the program being run when a CD is inserted, there should be an item 'dMC' with the last program.

If a track has no sound, it means you must have an older CD drive that does not conform to the standard MMC calls, or a drive that cannot Digitally Extract Audio. There are other Drive Command sets you could try Audio CD Input >> Options >> Advanced.