title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

iTunes control?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KJim
    • May 2006

iTunes control?

Hallo all,

Bit of an odd one. For reasons way too boring to list here, I need to encode MPEG-2 AAC low-complexity ADTS and MPEG-4 (Quicktime) AAC low-complexity ADTS, and I need to do it using the dreaded iTunes. Is there a way to use iTunes to encode from a DMC front? I've tried using CLI, but don't really know where to point it... I tried pointing it at the iTunes.exe file, but it just started iTunes and created a zero length file. Any ideas?

Just to pre-empt the "don't use iTunes for this" comments- as I said, for reasons too boring to list here, it has to be iTunes!

Any and all ideas gratefully appreciated!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: iTunes control?

There used to be a codec that would start up iTunes and encode, but it is long replaced by the Nero Digital codec. Currently, there is no way to use dMC to have iTunes encode to specific settings.

Comment

• KJim
      • May 2006

Any chance of getting hold of a copy of that old codec? I realise it may be obsolete, but it may be my only hope! Even if I have to get hold of a legacy version of DMC to run it...

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

I don't have a copy of it, but you are right in that it would require an old version of dMC to run, dMC r11.5. Spoon could possibly have it, but one thing I remembered is that the codec quit working after an iTunes update, I believe to 6.x, so it may not even work now.

Comment

• KJim
          • May 2006

Ok thanks very much- it was a long shot...

Comment

Working...

]]>