title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Conversion Support for FLV files

Lightbulb Conversion Support for FLV files

Greetings,

I'd like to support included in in the app for FLV files... they are/have become a popular way to stream music online.... and for site developers.. and end users as well
    We'd like a to be able to use this app to continue to do that.....

Thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Conversion Support for FLV files

FLV is not an audio codec. It's a Macromedia flash format for video/audio together. Of course, you could have FLV on its own as audio, but supporting as a codec would prove to be difficult. Trust me, I have not had a good experiencing in trying to manually convert FLV to anything else. Youtube and Google Video don't make it easier, usually because they embed their FLV files into the webpage, and you end up having to use third-party programs, like FLV extractors, to pull out what you need.

Have you heard of Javimoya?

You already can convert FLV files to sound format with dbpoweramp, you just have to install FLV Splitter (available on SourceForge, search for "guliverkli") and DMC Directshow Filter. Unfortunately, it convert only at 1x speed, and on conversion you will listen the sound of FLV file on background (like you are listening what is being converted).

Sound to FLV isn't helpful because FLV files use MPEG Audio I as codec (at least was that what Media Player shows).

dBpoweramp Guru

To elaborate on Ciro's post, the reason why the conversion is at 1x is because the FLV file is being converted in real-time.

That's the same thing as playing the flash and capturing the audio using dMC Auxiliary Input. That too is real time.