title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Accurate Rip vs. Secure Rip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KOF
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2007

Accurate Rip vs. Secure Rip

Hello,

Sorry I couldn't find the answer to this question in previous posting. Please don't kill me.

? What is the different between Accurate Rip/Secure Rip?
    ? How do I know that Accurate Rip it's completely installed in my system?
    ? When I go to "option" it says that "accurate rip is waiting for CD key to insert" or something like that. What is that?

I ripped one CD and all of the sudden in the "rip status" appear ACCURATE RIP (1). That mean that accurate rip did its job, however after inserting other CD's now it says " SECURE" so I'm still confused how this work,

How can set up Accurate Rip to work with all my Cd's collections? Thank you so much

K'
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Accurate Rip vs. Secure Rip

1) they work in conjunction, but for details go here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/secure-ripper.htm
    2) Check the options to make sure AccurateRip has your "Sample Offset" configured. You do this by feeding dMC CDs with the CD ripper open until it asks to configure your drive. It will then say the drive is configured or ask for 2 more key discs.
    3) See above.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

AccurateRip can only work for cds in its database.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• KOF
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by LtData
        1) they work in conjunction, but for details go here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/secure-ripper.htm
        2) Check the options to make sure AccurateRip has your "Sample Offset" configured. You do this by feeding dMC CDs with the CD ripper open until it asks to configure your drive. It will then say the drive is configured or ask for 2 more key discs.
        3) See above.

Ok, "sample offset +6" that means if configured right, but I'm still getting "Secure" on ripper status, only one cd shows as "ACCURATE RIP" how is that possible?

Comment

• KOF
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Aug 2007

What if already ask for configuration, I'm still getting secure ripper

Comment

• csiron
            • Feb 2007

Accuraterip matches discs only if someone else has scanned them in and submitted the results to Accuraterip. The rarer the disc and the more different pressings there are of it, the less likely that it will be in Accuraterip. Even if a disc is not in Accuraterip, you can still do a Secure Rip of it. dbpowerAMP will do its best to ensure a perfect rip -- and it's very likely it will. However, those results can't be confirmed with Accuraterip unless there are matching reports in its database with which to compare your disc.

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

I believe at the bottom of the track listing is an item that says "CD in AccurateRip" or "CD not in AccurateRip" before you start ripping.

Comment

• Buvy
                • Apr 2008

Sorry for digging up this thread but how is it possible for me to rip most CDs that matchup with AccurateRip then insert one Tweekend by The Crystal Method which rips as secure on all tracks yet shows X AR (75) on all the tracks?

When I listen to the rips they sound perfectly good.

Am I doing something wrong or does this disc have multiple versions?

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

Disc probably has multiple versions/pressings.

Comment

Working...

]]>