title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Downloading latest version

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • randym
    • Jan 2007

Downloading latest version

I purcahsed r12 reference on 3/9/07 and am now trying to put dbpoweramp on a new computer. I have the 3/9/07 R12 reference setup file on disk. But I also have r12.1 dated 4/20 that is not reference. In configuration, it says I have r12.1 with lame and powerpack licensed and AMG for 300 days more. I take it that means I do not have reference and that I overwrote my reference vesion when when I upgraded on 4/20.

So tonight I installed the 3/9/07 R12 reference file and tried to upgrade. But when I do that, I'm asked for an order number. I put the order number from the 3/9 email from spoon giving me the download link (number prefaced with "SWREG" and starts with U) but got message that is not a valid number.

What gives? Can this be made easier? When I think of all the conversons I've done in 16 bit rather than 32 bit ......
    Last edited by randym; 08-04-2007, 12:32 AM.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Downloading latest version

See the instructions on the registered link retrieval page for getting a manual link sent.

Also, see the upgrade instructions here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12483

Comment

• randym
      • Jan 2007

The second try worked.

Two complaints/suggestions:

1. I now believe I have reference installed, but when I check in configurations, it does not say reference. It only says "registered." It does not say that I have power pack or reference. (Before, it said I had the power pack). The only clue I have that reference is installed is that dynamic naming is enabled.

I suggest that every DBpoweramp window have the type of license and the version number subtly in the top band of the window--like with foobar 2000.

2. I do not believe my mistaken install of the non-reference version on 4/20 was my error. I can't be sure, but I think I got that update in the same way I got the update last night. (Is there any other way?) And there are no options I could have messed up.

So I have done many rips to flac without the advantage of floating point conversion. How important is that?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

1. On my computer where I have reference installed, dBpoweramp Configuration says "Registration Status" then "Reference: Registered". The version number is also in dBpoweramp Configuration.

2. I gave a link in my previous post about the proper way to update your dMC version.

As for ripping to FLAC without floating-point, I am not sure how important it is.
        Last edited by LtData; 08-04-2007, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• randym
          • Jan 2007

On the config menu, I now see that it says reference. Can't imagine what I was looking at before.

I correctly followed your instructions last night and in April. I did not previously download the trial version. The name of the 4/20/07 file on my hard drive is “dMC-R12.1-registered.” And I got that file by doing the precise same process I did last night, by entering the order number from my 3/9/07 purchase of Reference.
          Last edited by randym; 08-04-2007, 05:32 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

>dMC-R12.1-registered

That is not the reference version, if you have upgraded Power Pack to Reference then use the upgrade order number.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

The Reference installs are called "dMC-R12.1-Ref-Registered.exe".

Comment

• randym
                • Jan 2007

I have not been clear because I've been venting in addition to trying to get answers.

The bottom line is I had reference on 3/9/07, I inadvertently "upgraded" to the powerpack on 4/20/07, I used the powerpack version thinking it was reference from 4/20/07 to 8/3/07, I discovered the error on 8/3/07 when I tried to install dbpoweramp on a new computer, and I downloaded the latest version of reference on 8/3/07.

My mention of the filename for my 4/20 “upgrade” was just to document the fact that the mistake was not that I downloaded a trial version as LtData suggested. It was a registered version, and I could only have gotten that by going through the process that you set up. Somehow I did not get reference even though I was a paid user of Reference at the time the download occurred.

How the 4/20 error occurred is not important now.

My only question is how important floating point conversions are when converting from wav to flac? I recently did some conversions where the source data is still available. Should I redo them? It would be a bit of a hassle as they are LP recordings and I would have to split into tracks again.

Randy

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Wav and Flac are lossless, so floating pointshould not be required.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>