title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch synchronise

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Howie
    • Aug 2007

Batch synchronise

Just bought the reference version as a CD ripper for my laptop, but noticed that it's batch conversion function is very close to something I do now through a script. Would really like to ditch the script and have an app do the function (because it's just easier & nicer basically). Be interested in understanding if the following is something that would be considered.

Simply put, the script scans a bunch of source FLAC files and synchronises these with a .m4a lossy library for my iPod. Once it finds a FLAC file it checks to see if a corresponding .m4a file exists in the lossy library. If none is found, then a new .m4a file is created from the FLAC. If an existing .m4a file is found, it checks the tags against the source FLAC and synchronises them if necessary. In this way, changes in tags to my master FLAC library are propogated through automatically to my .m4a files, without having to transcode everything again.

I store the .m4a files in a folder named by the freedb discid and just call them "Track1", "Track2" etc. As I don't often get the track number and discid wrong when tagging a FLAC, this means that sunbsequent changes to the source FLAC are easily propogated with a quick tag sync through the script.

Batch convert does the naming and conversion stuff already, the only difference is the concept of checking to see if a file already exists, and checking/syncing the tags. There are a few things you have to do to avoid file name collisions, but it's not too hard.

As I said up front, be interested in understanding if this would be something that has a wider interest, and if it could be considered for a future release.

Thx.

Howard.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Batch synchronise

Half way there, you can click No when asked to overwrite.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Howie
      • Aug 2007

so you are, had not thought of that.

a synchronise tags option with existing files here would be truely awesome.

ta.

h.

Comment

• nCubed
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Howie
        so you are, had not thought of that.

a synchronise tags option with existing files here would be truely awesome.

ta.

h.
        I would *pay* extra for the tag synch as well! An add on cost of $10-20 would be well worth it for me.

Comment

Working...

]]>