title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

spliting up audiobooks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dazednconfuzed
    • Jul 2007

spliting up audiobooks

i would be nice to be able to split large (20 Hour) wma into smaller track using no noise with a variable. example there is program that cuts mp3 audiobooks quite well, but it only support mp3.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: spliting up audiobooks

You can split them on time, you just have to re-encode to wma.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• neilthecellist
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2004

...into smaller track using no noise with a variable. *snip*
      Getting rid of noise takes merely a click, but you may be getting rid of the audio itself. Discretion advised, I guess. I'm sure dBpoweramp will do the trick.

If it doesn't work, (and ONLY if it doesn't work), you can try open-source Audacity as a means to work out noise. Audacity has multiple noise-reducing functions, last I checked.

...example there is program that cuts mp3 audiobooks quite well, but it only support mp3.
      dBpoweramp will cut files regardless of audio codec used, I believe.

Comment

• dazednconfuzed
        • Jul 2007

thank you all for the quick responses.

i encode twice once mp3 and wma 10pro. i take the the mp3 and run it thru audiobookcutter "open-source". then convert it in wma for my mp3 player.

Audacity, i have never had luck with program.

Comment

• neilthecellist
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2004

Heh... I'll be real honest with ya: Audacity is not a user-friendly application. It takes a lot "guess-and-check" with all the buttons (or you can read a tutorial online) to acquaint yourself with the program.

I hope your audio endeavors are going well. :komisch12

Comment

• Craze
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Oct 2002

There's a learning curve with just about every program one uses including dAP. Although I am a devoted dBpowerAMP fan, Audacity can work well for this task. And, I can still play them in dAP.

Simply open your file and highlight what you want to keep. Click Copy.
            Open a new file and click Paste. Rename file.
            Using the View button to zoom in on the exact passage takes any guess work out of it.

Comment

Working...

]]>