title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Discussion of Automated CD Loaders

Re: Discussion of Automated CD Loaders

Hi Spoon / All,

I've skimmed through the thread but not sure I ended up with clear answer

Can anyone recommend a sub $600 auto-loader that will work well with batch ripper. It doesn't have to be fancy or super fast or hold hundreds of CD's and I don't need any printing functionality. Even a newer version of the Sony XL1Bx disc changer (I can't seem to locate one in Australia)

I have about 500 Cd's to rip. While batch ripper is working well doing this manually, it's pretty time consuming

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks in advance!!

We bought a Rimage 3 not realizing it is not compatible with our prevoius Rimage 3 autoloader. Is there a way you can get this to work? Can someone suggest and after market autoloader that will make it work?

Hi,
    I recently picked up an MF digital Scribe PC. Is there a way to use the batch ripper with it? I cannot PM Bhoar because his mailbox is full. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Administrator

He gives this message as his signature:

email: brendan|hoar+gmail|com ... replace both '|' with '.' and also '+' with '@'.

Thanks! Sorry I didn't see that.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Hi,
    I recently picked up an MF digital Scribe PC. Is there a way to use the batch ripper with it? I cannot PM Bhoar because his mailbox is full. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Have you got the MF digital Scribe PC working with batch ripper? I am considering picking one up too. What MF model do you have?

Thanks.

I have not been able to get the batch ripper working with my MF digital Scribe PC. I have emailed BHOAR for a driver but have not heard back from him. Does anyone know if he has been active lately? I would not buy the Scribe until you are sure you can rip with it.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    I have not been able to get the batch ripper working with my MF digital Scribe PC. I have emailed BHOAR for a driver but have not heard back from him. Does anyone know if he has been active lately? I would not buy the Scribe until you are sure you can rip with it.
    Can you send a link to the product you want to see is compatible? Either email, PM (if forum mailbox isn't full) or post.

Brendan

Rimage 2000i: Just had a bit of an 'eBay moment' and managed to land one of these for £150!. Its on its way and I'm now trying to find some batch ripping s/w to run it to convert my CD collection. Rimage gets mentions at various points in this forum - but not the 2000i - Is it supported? Is there a dev kit that will allow me to configure an interface if it is not supported?

all help welcomed, thanks ...
    Last edited by Kyloe; 02-21-2013 at 04:25 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Kyloe View Post
    Rimage 2000i: Just had a bit of an 'eBay moment' and managed to land one of these for £150!. Its on its way and I'm now trying to find some batch ripping s/w to run it to convert my CD collection. Rimage gets mentions at various points in this forum - but not the 2000i - Is it supported? Is there a dev kit that will allow me to configure an interface if it is not supported?

all help welcomed, thanks ...
    I worked with some of the older units and gave up on them for cd ripping. But I've never tried one of these. Huh, at least it's USB connected!

The oldest Rimage (Cedar) units had two problems:

1) They connected via SCSI and also took their commands via the SCSI connections. You can replace the drives with firewire/esata/usb connected drives. And there's a debug port on the main board which allows you to control the robot via a serial connection. So, it was feasible for me to work with them. However...

2) Unfortunately, even with the above modifications, the physical picker was optimized for blank CD-Rs which generally have a multi-level system of inner ring topology. Pressed CDs, especially pressed CDs that are completely flat from hole to rim (no level changes), could not be reliably picked. This is unlike all other manufacturers.

So, hopefully the 2000i has a redesigned picker vs. the late 1990s RImage/CEDAR models.

This is one reason I have several older Rimage/Cedar units in the basement waiting for the inevitable trip to the electronics recycling event.

Brendan

PS - now, if you're a developer, RImage has (or did have) an SDK. So you could create a driver set for the batch ripper. Spoon's interface is wide open.

Spoon - is this post the official documentation for creating a driver set? http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...ll=1*post70285

bhoar: Many thanks for that - Ive since seen that GD3 support it with their encoder software (but their website has defeated me when trying to understand what it all costs!) - and yes I'm a developer - I'll have a look at "spoons" page and see what I can lash up!

Administrator

Yes this is the functionality.

Hello Spoon, Ive looked at the page and as I understand it I need to make a directory tree of commands which perform the various LOAD & UNLOAD actions ... is there a full spec for all the commands that I must implement and the full structure of the DIR tree?

Cheers

Update: I read - I find - have now spotted the spec buried in the forum - will now have to wait for the kind man from the Royal Mail to deliver my package ...
    Last edited by Kyloe; 02-21-2013 at 04:37 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Kyloe View Post
    Hello Spoon, Ive looked at the page and as I understand it I need to make a directory tree of commands which perform the various LOAD & UNLOAD actions ... is there a full spec for all the commands that I must implement and the full structure of the DIR tree?

Cheers
    If it helps, you can take a look at the file changes that are made in the Illustrate directory hierarchy after you install one of the robot drivers from the batch ripper download page here: http://dbpoweramp.com/batch-ripper.htm

I'd take a look at the baxter one, since it should be pretty simple.

Brendan

Hello all,
    I'm new here, and I don't even know if this is the right place to ask my questions. But I'm curious if someone has experience with the Mf Digital Scribe 9604 and Picojet 6000 printer. It has Windows 7 operating system. I've had some quirks with it. When starting up the Scribeclient application, the printer won't initialize, meaning the computer doesn't even recognize that it's connected to it. Therefore, I'm not able to print discs automatically. I've had to set the printer next to the machine and print discs manually. Every once in awhile, on a whim, the printer will initialize - sometimes when it's been turned off and not in use for a long time. This has been the problem with sending the machine back. I've sent the printer back by itself once, then the Scribe and printer together, and every time, it seems to work fine for the tech support guys at Mf Digital. But then I get it back, and it may work for a little while, but then it will start right back again with the same problems. Again, this may not be the place to ask this question, but I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this.

Thanks to anyone for any information,
    Rebecca