title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Discussion of Automated CD Loaders

Re: Discussion of Automated CD Loaders

I have three MF digital machines and the company has advised that they have been using Windows XP OS only because they cannot get a current signed USB driver for the Canon based Picojet printer to use it with Windows 7. I have also spoken to the people that actually designed the software and built the robotic arm for this machine and they confirmed this information to me. You can use Windows 7 to run the dbpoweramp software connected to the MF digital machine as long as you do not need to use the printer! If you need to use a printer you will have to select from one of the other available printers which they support such as the Rimage or Teac printer that have signed USB drivers available from the manufacturer. The Teac will only provide USB support with the most recent model release as the older models although they contain a USB port cannot accept the USB firmware upgrade as they have an older controller board in the printer which is not compatible for the upgrade.
    Last edited by ghibliss; 02-28-2014 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Typo

I have 22 MF Digital Scribe Series Machines under my responsibility. Coming from a mechanical background I was upset to get the cold shoulder from MF Tech Support regarding the request for an IO&M (Instalation, Operation and Maintenance) manual. The machine doesn't come with this information, nor is it available online.

This is the first forum I could find with people discussing autoloaders. Through my research I have found MANY machines by MANY names who all share very close similarities witht he MF Digital. These include the Condre Stylus, the Systor AMBA, Alles CopyBlast, Systor DiscMaster, Mega Lynx, All Pro Solutions Olympus, and the Vinpower Cronus. After finding very similar information on all of these sites concerning the product I am curious of, I realized they must be imported from the same over seas manufacturer or something. This would also explain the lack of information and unwillingness of MF to communicate without being evasive and destructive to our communication channel.

Not to be dissuaded I was still seeking more information. I discovered google.com/patents this allows you to search patents!! The amazing benefit of an easy, Google, approach to patent searching is the benefit of information and data that may not be so public elsewhere. I was oddly fascinated though how all of this information still left me wondering why can't I find the creator and the grabber/picker.

I can not find the 3 screw with washer and servo design anywhere for the life of me. Maybe it really is made by hand for each machine lol.

I just want some good information on these machines.

22 machines, not one useful manual..

Re: Discussion of Automated CD Loaders ::: POWERFILE R200 BD

My venerable Sony VGP-XL1B2 died last night, it appears the drive itself is kaput. Will not spin or read a disk that is loaded into it. I've enjoyed using it with Batch Ripper for four? Five years? A while, anyway. Time to replace it.

I have an opportunity to get a POWERFILE R200 BD, firmware level 1.4.3 - it seems from my reading of this forum and others that the Powerfile R200 will work with Batch Ripper under Windows 7. Do I understand this correctly- will dBPowerAmp's Batch Ripper work with a Powerfile R200?

Administrator

Re: Discussion of Automated CD Loaders ::: POWERFILE R200 BD

It should do yes, these Powerfiles are identical to the Sonys...

Quote Originally Posted by bhoar View Post
    Re: DTP serial units - I support only the serial-connected (w/ firewire)
    -brendan
    Are drivers available for the DTP-1000?? (I did read all of these pages and see that it has issues, but never saw how to get the drivers.)

I don't mind if the arm isn't working, but would like to utilize the four drives to injest my collection.

Thanks!

Administrator

these drivers are no longer available, sorry.