title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: q: about vorbis tag discnumber

q: about vorbis tag discnumber

Any idea why dbpoweramp does tag this
    in case of 1/1 in the form $31 $20 &2F &20 &31 eg. "1 / 1"
    whereas it tags tracknumber in the form "number/totalnumber" without the bloddy $20's inside ?

From what I've seen lots other software falls over on these $20 things since it seems as if these process the value being 'number[/totalnumber]' eg. in case the term does contain a '/' all to the left is the number and all to the right is the totalnumber.
    And then ... one get's anything but a sensefull content. And yes, there's more but just dbpoweramp some do use on a regular basis, thus the question is, did this funny $20 thingy happen accidently or did one fell free to include items used for fomatting issues into the tag against including these into the display routines (tag tooltip for example) ?

Administrator

Re: q: about vorbis tag discnumber

Where did the file come from? it was ripped with CD Ripper? there should be no spaces.

it's no spaces it's HEX20.
    I ripped it withe dbpoweramp v12.3 or v12.2 dunno yet.
    Bet it was the lastest.
    And discnumber was 1 / 1 against being 1/1

was 100% reproducable since that I recently asked for the tag-frame wiping addon, to get rid of discnumber since it wasn't that compatible. ;-)

But now it is, anyway.

Administrator

0x20 is 32 which is a space.

Hi Spoon, I know that 20 is 32 which is a space, but without a 20 disc1 of 1 makes as much sense. Since disc "1" is disc "1" not disc " 1".

;-) minor one now since I got all the wanted programs work in the form.
    VAL LEFT of / = current disc and VAL RIGHT of / total disc, no matter if surrounded by spaces.

Administrator

Will fix in R12.4

Superb' ... it's getting a bit boring to remember to replace the "1 / 1" in the ripper by "1/1" if you rip more but just 10 CDs. ;-)

btw, when doing so (working on the cd ripper), will the cd ripper some time allow me to define a set of metadata (user defined ones) which appear each time a new cd is inserted so that I must only add the content and not both the identifier and the content ?

Administrator

There are user defined ones for Reference, on the ID Tag options page.