title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cue sheet + dBpoweramp

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anleva
    • Jul 2007

Cue sheet + dBpoweramp

I am trialing dBpoweramp Reference. I understand that cue sheet support will be in a future version of dBpoweramp CD ripper. I do prefer the ease of use and speed of the dBpoweramp tools so I want to use it instead of EAC. In the interim I came up with the following that works very well:

- Rip to individual flac files using dBpoweramp CD ripper
    - Open files in Foobar, copy names
    - Paste names in EAC to make sure the file names are exactly the same. Use EAC to create cue sheet and save with flac files.

I used Burrrn to load the cue sheet and it works perfectly (after changing extensions from .wav to .flac using Burrrn's cue sheet editor)

To be honest I'm not convinced of the value of cue sheets to me as I can burn a CD that sounds the same with our without them, but the extra step to use EAC to create a cue is not that difficult and offers peace of mind I suppose for being able to precisely re-create the CD in the majority of cases.

Anyone have any additional thoughts or advice on these steps? Also can someone better explain to me the difference between the final CD I burn with cue sheet and one I burn without cue sheet?

Thanks!
  • broodwich
    • Feb 2007

Re: Cue sheet + dBpoweramp

What I want to be able to do is rip an entire disc to a single flac file with a cue sheet. That way my master archive will be lossless compressed. With the single flac album files it will be easier to manage on my hard drive and I should be able to burn an exact duplicate master CD-R whenever I want and I would be able to transcode my flac originals to MP3s at any bitrate whenever I want as well.

Comment

• EliC
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Originally posted by broodwich
      What I want to be able to do is rip an entire disc to a single flac file with a cue sheet. That way my master archive will be lossless compressed. With the single flac album files it will be easier to manage on my hard drive and I should be able to burn an exact duplicate master CD-R whenever I want and I would be able to transcode my flac originals to MP3s at any bitrate whenever I want as well.
      Then you want R13

Comment

• blake7
        • May 2008

I just purchased R13 Reference but cannot seem to find the ability to rip the entire disc into a single flac with a cue sheet. Also, it seems that Rip as One does not have support for Accurate rip or track meta data since all my resulting Flac files are "Unknown Artist - - 00 - Rip as One.flac".

Is the cue sheet support not in R13 yet? Is there an estimate on when it will be available?

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Cue sheet support will be released as a DSP effect soon, it wasn't able to make the r13 deadline.

Note that since you are ripping mutliple tracks as one, AccurateRip cannot function, as it stores data for each track, and the same reason for the meta-data.

Comment

• blake7
            • May 2008

Thanks for the quick reply.

Losing AccurateRip and metadata is too much of a bummer so I guess I need to rip CDs as individual flac tracks normally for playback and then find an alternate backup method in case I need to recreate the original CD in the future.

What would be the recommended way to make a perfect backup copy of the original CD so I can get rid of the physical discs? Is there an ISO-like image method I can use even if that is not playable or compressed in any way?

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

There is not currently a method to take your CDs and back them up to the point at which AccurateRip will recognize them like the original CD, unfortunately.

Comment

• Stealth
                • May 2008

Presumably you mean with dbpoweramp as you can with EAC

Comment

Working...

]]>