title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Sound

Sound

Maybe this cannot be answered here, first let say that I am glad that I kept my old computer, since I am not able to use the new converter, and if I load the dmp poweramp files from my old cp to this new dell the auxiillary works so that I could use the converter if I had sound, but there is no sound. Have emailed sigmatel/idt(sound system on dellcp) dell no one replies.

I tried a few moments ago to play a song from my cd player thu the modem and No sound..

Believe I am hexed.

Anyone have any thoughts, does any one use a dell cp with vista.

Re: Sound

You are getting no sound from your computer at all in any applications? That sounds like a problem that Dell needs to solve, in all honesty.

The easy thing is to make sure your speakers are plugged into the right plugs on your computer and that your sound is not muted.

Sorry, yes I get sound, but I cannot get any sound if I line out from my cd player thru the tower. There are five plug ins there, one if used for my speakers but when I put the plug in from the cd player there is no sound.

If you recall I cannot get any sound if I put the files from my old cp which has the auxillary file I could not get any sound there either.

Gonna try to contact dell, the problem with them is the people that answer the phones are hard to understand.

Thanks.

So you want to put sound from your CD player into your computer or output sound from your computer?

I want to put sound from my cd player to my computer. I was able to do this with my old computer. It appears that the sound plug in on the dell does not work.

Thanks

Re: Sound/attn; ltdata

Spent an hour and a half on the phone with dell tech support. We went thru many areas in any effort to get the sound to play from my cd output to play thru my computer. There was no gain.

He told me that he saw many complaints about sound problems and it was his opinion that this is a vista problem. Who knows if it will ever be solved.

Had I know this I would have had xp installed. Another thing I asked about but got no anwer was does my cp tell me that I do not have "Direct show filters for ram files" installed.

Thought I would let you know.