title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: abPowerAmp Release 3

abPowerAmp Release 3

Why is this even listed on the main page as in beta. The latest beta is what, 3-5 years old?

Is there going to be a new version of this at any point. I'm not planning on upgrading to Music Coverter R12 until i can use the same codecs for both.

Just an idea of the status would be nice. Are you working on this at all or have you decided to focus only on the Music Converter and just let people use another player?

Thanks for any info.
    Peter S

Re: abPowerAmp Release 3

I think an update is planned for dAP to update it to the new r12 codec system, but I am not sure, that is up to Spoon. In the meantime, you can have both dAP and dMC r12 installed at the same time if you follow the instructions here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm. I say this because the r12 codecs are normally the latest versions of the codecs and have many bug fixes.

I know you can have both installed. I prefer not to do that, but that's besides my point.

I'm just trying to find out if a new version of dap is planned. It' still listed on the main page as part of the list of things in beta, but of course the last update to the beta is 3 yrs old.

My question is do I need to look for a player that has more up to date codec's, or is a new version of dap forthcoming in the forseeable future.

Peter S

Administrator

It will be updated, but cannot say when.

dBpoweramp Guru

with all of the major re-writes and updates I hope that a future integrated solution is being considered / in the works.

Thanks for the info Spoon. And I understand re uncertainty in timing, what with real life and all. I don't know how close you are, but even just an updated beta that is compatible with the new codecs would be great. though I realize that that is probably easier said than done.

Thanks again.
    Peter S