title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

No CD Writer found at user login

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • friso
    • Jun 2007

No CD Writer found at user login

Hello

I have bought the cd-writer plugin, and when i use it as an administrator in windows xp it all wordks. But if i logged in as een poweruser or normal user i get the message " No Cd writer found" it is actually there i can see it in " My computer" I can also eject de cd when it is in the burner.

I have looked at the rights but nothing i can see is wrong, if i made the account an administrator it works. Anyone can tell me how to resolve the problem. So i can burn as u user login.

Thanx
    Friso
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: No CD Writer found at user login

Did you allow full read/write access to the dMC installation directory?

Comment

• friso
      • Jun 2007

Yes i have have give full read/write access to the directory. If i want to rip using dbpoweramp it all works, but if i want to burn it doesn't recognized the NEC burner.

I have also installed Nero and it doesn't have the burner listed under user logon but it does when i logged on as administrator.

Maybe someone can test it on a home setup when you add a user with user rights, and try what it does in your case.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

For nero, I think you have to install some Nero utility to enable limited-accounts to burn.

Comment

• friso
          • Jun 2007

I only installed Nero to check out if that program wil work, but didn't. Enyone know what to do, i use the program for a radiostation who give there guests a recording of the broadcast they were in. So it is important that it is working.

Friso

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Unless a program is run as admistrator it cannot access the cd drive directly, same for cd ripping.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• friso
              • Jun 2007

That's strange. I don't want to give users in the studio full rights. Anyone has an idea how to do this

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Our next version under development, you can run under a limited account if a service is installed and run.

This next version is 4-8 weeks away from beta test.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>