title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

12.1 question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: 12.1 question

You must have missed my question above:
    An easy way to check to see if you have the DirectShow decoder for ram installed in your system is to see if the .ram files will play in Real Alternative and then if they play in Windows Media Player. If they will not play in WMP, then the DirectShow decoder is not installed correctly. Note that I am referring to the "RealMedia Splitter" direct show decoder that Real Alternative installs, not the dMC decoder.
    Also, does the DirectShow Decoder show up with ".ram" in dBpoweramp Configuration?

Comment

• Java
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jul 2005

I can save real files to my harddrive and play them and I can also play them in wm. Some of the songs I play are already in wave.

I do not see ram anywhere in config. I noticed when I d/l realalt. it said it was installing ra, and the rest of the r's but I do not see them anywhere.

I notice when I look up codecs in dbpoweramp config. located in install there are two boxes that are not check, 1. real audio((helix) and wav pak by their sides it states install on demand, edshould they be installed?

I wonder if I have the right converter , the one I try to convert with comes in a drop down that appears when I right click the real file.

I think I have 11.5 on my mind when I have the aux. input, and could manually type in thr rams.

Thanks again LtData, have a good weekend.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

The Real Audio (helix) codec is a real encoder, so you don't need it to decode real.

Does the DirectShow Decoder show up in dBpoweramp Configuration? Did you reinstall the DS Decoder to the correct location aka the same location as dMC?

Comment

• Java
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jul 2005

No it does'nt show in dbpoweramp and I did install it to the file with dmc.

Since I'm retired and have time on my hands, I am going to uninstall everything connected with dmc. I will leave real alternative alone and reinstall 12.1 and directshow. In the mean time perhaps you can advise me on proper installation. I read some of Spoon's advice and will wait on your.

Also I do not see a converter box except for the one I mentioned in the drop down. I keep thinking of the auxillary file under 11.5.

Thanks will wait on your reply. I hope I am not bugging you, I enjoy working with these situations.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Install dMC r12 whereever you want. However, you must make sure you then install all codecs to the same directory as dMC is installed to.

What do you mean "a converter box"?

Comment

• Java
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jul 2005

Sorry, what I meant was in the auxilary options box that came up to select artist and other items.

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

You mean the box that popped up that looked like the old r11.5 CD ripper window? With artist, title, track names etc on it? You don't see that when you just do a normal conversion.

Comment

• Java
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Jul 2005

Yes box I am thinking about appeared when I clicked on the auxilary icon and a box appeared that had an options that you could click and check where you could direct the area you wanted to save the song to and several other boxes one that I remeber was a "select" that you put a tic in dont't remeber what for.

Now I reinstalled 12.1 and well as directshow and I saved it to the same spot that I save 12.1 in. I opened up directshow config. and typed in the following, .ra .rm .ram. rmvb. I did each on a separate line.

I thought then I was operational I still got the same msg. Error Unable to load decorder for file type ram codec not installed visit codec central.

No sure what type of decoder I am looking for.

Thanks

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

Does the DirectShow Decoder show up in dBpoweramp Configuration? What does it say after it?

Can you play the .ram file in Windows Media Player?

Comment

• Java
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Jul 2005

First, when I click on a ram file to play media classic comes up and then plays.

Second, When I click on dmc config. a box shows up that has the versions listed, when I click on codecs, it shows encoders, then decoders(read) it has cd decoder, mp3 decoder and wave decoder. The rest of that box is "on Demand" when I click on music converter I'm sure you know what is there.

I installed directshow to the same file and it is llisted as "Configure Direct Show Decoder" when I click on that this is what shows:

Add supported DirectShow file type extensions, type only one extension per
                      // line (replace .xyz below), re-run 'dMC Configuration' after adding new, for example:
                      //
                      // .ac3
                      // .abc
                      //

.ra
                      .rm
                      .ram
                      .rmvb
                      I typed in the extensions manually.

Hope this is what you asked for, I feel bad tying you up with all these posts, but would like to see this thru to the end working or will not work.

Thanks

Comment

• LtData
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

Could you click the "Copy to Clipboard" button while on the codecs page and then paste it here? I just want to verify that the DirectShow Decoder is not showing up there.

I asked you to play the file in Windows Media Player to make sure the system DirectShow real codecs are working.

To double-check: you installed dMC r12 and the beta DirectShow decoder to the same directory, correct? In the dMC install directory in the "decoder" folder, do you see a file called "DirectShow"?

Comment

• Java
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Jul 2005

This is what shows when I copied from the codec page to the clip board.

Cd advanced
                          dmcwinexp
                          dmcconfig
                          cdadvanced
                          Microsoft Clip Organizer
                          dmcconfig
                          cdadvanced
                          Most of these when opened go back to illustrate

I opened up wmp11 and drug a few of my real files there when I
                          tried to play them I got this msg:

WMP cannot play the file. The player might not support the file tpe or might not support the codec tht was used to compress the file. While I had the player opened I had also drug a wave file there and it played ok.

Finally I did install 12.1 and directshow decorder to the same file. When I open up the db poweramp file one of the three items is "Versions" when I clip on that it opens to "input" when I click on the it shows "directshow" that opens to direct show notepad release 1.

In start> programs >dbPoweramp music converter] along with the other items it shows configure directshow decoder and when I click on that it gives the DSExt where I type in all the ra's etc.

Thanks
                          Last edited by Java; 06-03-2007, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• LtData
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • May 2004

I meant the codec tab in dBpoweramp Configuration and the "Copy Versions to Clipboard" button.

If WMP cannot play your file, then there may be a problem with the RealMedia Media Splitter. Try reinstalling Real Alternative and making sure the "RealMedia DirectShow Splitter" is checked in the list of options.

Comment

• Java
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Jul 2005

If I understand in correctly microsoft did not add clipboard in vista.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I was able to copy it;

Codecs Installed

Encoders (write)

mp3 (Lame) Lame 3.97
                              .mp3
                              Test Conversion
                              Wave Release 12.1
                              .wav

Decoders (read)

CD Decoder Release 12.1
                              .cda
                              mp3 Decoder Release 12.1
                              .m2a, .mp1, .mp2, .mp3, .mpa, .mpg, .mpga, .mpx
                              Wave Decoder Release 12.1
                              .wav

Install on Demand

Monkeys Audio .ape
                              FLAC .flac
                              Apple Lossless .m4a
                              m4a Nero (AAC) .mp4

I re installed real alternative and saw that real media direct show splitter was in the installation. I also noted that in the file association real media, these are the ones added there rm, ram rmvb, I see that rm was not included.
                              I saw somewhere in the various illustrate files that certain d/l should occur before some other required d/l. I think one was real alternative before direct show, not sure at this point.

I think I have reached the end much to my dismay I don't seem to be able to make things work and I am sure I have stretched you to the limit and have probably tested you patience.

I will look to see if you have any addional thoughts after this post

Thank you LtData for putting up with a 72 year old trying to keep learn new things and keep my mind active. You have been gracious in your replies to me.

THANK YOU

Comment

• LtData
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • May 2004

Well, they probably thought of a new and "better" name for the clipboard, but I'm sure its still there in some form or another. As for "trying my patience", it is a little frustrating but I have no problem helping you solve this problem.

Now, I am still in wonderment of why the DirectShow decoder is not showing up in the list of decoders. Did you check to see if the file I mentioned above was in the decoders folder?

However, if you do have the Real Splitter installed from Real Alternative and the file still will not play in Windows Media player, then your dMC problems are moot as the Real Media splitter cannot play the file. You might want to try changing the extension of the file to ".ra" and see if you get better results playing it in WMP.

Comment

Working...

]]>