title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to Configure file names for folders

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • datman
    • May 2007

How to Configure file names for folders

I am quite new to dBpoweramp CD ripper and am trying to configure it so that folder names for entire CD's look something like those from EAC, that is; artist, date, name of CD. I am certain this is simple to do, but I have not been able to figure out how. I know I will feel like an idiot (nothing new for me) when I find out how to do this, but that is a small price to pay for this information.
  • sylvainp
    • Sep 2006

Re: How to Configure file names for folders

here is what I use

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album]\[artist] - [album][IFMULTI] (Disc [disc])[] - [track] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\[artist] - [album][IFMULTI] (Disc [disc])[] - [track] - [title][]

You put this in the naming field in the bottom left

Let suppose you put a Madonna Immaculate album.
    Then it will create a folder for the artist and a subfolder for the album
    \Madonna\Immaculate

After the files will be name with: Artist - Album - Track - Title

Final results:

\Madonna\Immaculate\Madonna - Immaculate - 05 - Holiday

If you have an album with 2 or more CD's then you will have (Disc 1) (Disc 2)
    For this album you would have the file naming like this:

\Madonna\Immaculate\Madonna - Immaculate (Disc 1) - 05 - Holiday
    \Madonna\Immaculate\Madonna - Immaculate (Disc 2) - 05 - Holiday

Hope this could give you a good start ! Don't worry I just bought the software few days ago and I play with the naming features for about an hour before I figure it out.

Comment

• datman
      • May 2007

This works internally, but the folders containing the trasck files still do not have the full information in their title. I have organized my folders in many cases by artist. When db creates a folder with only the artist name, it will not go into a folder with the same name. That is why I need to have the album descriptor attached to the folder name when it is created. I may not have been clear on this earlier.

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by datman
        This works internally, but the folders containing the trasck files still do not have the full information in their title. I have organized my folders in many cases by artist. When db creates a folder with only the artist name, it will not go into a folder with the same name. That is why I need to have the album descriptor attached to the folder name when it is created. I may not have been clear on this earlier.
        Are you saying that the CD Ripper is unable to create sub-folders if the parent folder for the Artist name already exists? Never heard of that before.

What version of Windows are you running?

Comment

Working...

]]>