title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Mulit encoder question revisited

Mulit encoder question revisited

I am using dbpower reference to rip flac and lame using the multiencoder. This is great and fast but I would like album art in both flac and mp3 folder. I asked this previously and was told that it is not possible as cd ripper does not know where the multi encoder is saving to.

Does anyone have a decent workaround for this? I was using EAC with React and saving the art as folder.jpg to both folders could be scripted. Is anyone else doing this? Is it best just to add album art using something like cover art downloader once all the ripping is over?

Re: Mulit encoder question revisited

Sorry, this is available with the CD ripper !

If you are still registered with AMG then configure CD ripper to only use All Media Guide to get CD information from the net.

Also configure AMG settings to download album art and select the size for the album art

Also go in the options of CD ripper and enable "write album art as folder.jpg" in the Meta Data section

Their is one thing you could do. If you have cue sheet with wav files then you could load the cue sheet with deamon tools. Then you select the virtual CD in CD ripper and from there you will be able to get CD information and album art and then convert them in FLAC or MP3 or else and you will have the album art.

I know it work for mp3 files ! I have some cue sheet with flac files. So i convert the FLAC to wav. Then I load the cue sheet with deamon tools and then use CD ripper and transform my CD's in mp3 with album art
    Last edited by sylvainp; 05-16-2007 at 04:08 AM.

No, actually jgs2n is right: when using the multi-encoder, it cannot output the album art, as the CD ripper does not know the output location.

However, there might be a way around this. If you are embedding album art into the files, simply download the DSP effects (in the beta section of this forum) and use the "ID Tag Processing" effect. Go to the "Manipulations" tab, scroll to the bottom and click "Export Album Art as folder.jpg". That should put a folder.jpg into each folder, as youwant.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

On a simliar topic - does this mean that when using the multi encoder you cannot create a log file in each folder?

Administrator

Correct

Thanks for the response. Just a quick clarification LtData. If I use dsp effects as suggested, am I embedding art into files and creating folder.jpg in each folder? Thanks.

They are two separate actions, jgs2n. One option will export the file to folder.jpg, another option will make the album art a tag.

FYI,
    This did not add album art as folder.jpg when using multiencoder.

The "ID Tag Processing" DSP effect didn't export the folder.jpg when using the Multi-Encoder?

No. I just tried again to make sure. No folder.jpg in the mp3 or flac folders where the music is.