title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

r12 disappears upon launch

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • klaatu
    • Feb 2003

r12 disappears upon launch

I don’t know if this has been posted before, but when I launch dMC with other apps running, it shows up for a split second and then disappears. Minimizing the app running in the foreground makes dMC appear again. OS: WinXP SP2, build 2600.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: r12 disappears upon launch

Update to r12.1 at the link below if you are using a Registered version of the PowerPack or the free version, or use the Registered Link retrieval to get a new registered install of Reference.

Comment

• klaatu
      • Feb 2003

Installed r12.1, and am having the same problem with it.

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

What other apps do you have running? What is your processor speed and RAM?

Comment

• klaatu
          • Feb 2003

Outlook, Word, Excel, IE. 3 GHz Pentium 4. 2GB RAM.

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

Does it minimize to the task bar menu on the bottom?
            I found that opening CD Ripper with Word open does this but it is very easily called up by clicking on the taskbar.

I find this a little surprising (opening dMC to convert existing files does NOT behave in this manner, for example and I have not known CD Ripper to perform in this matter.

On the other hand, it is no big inconvenience (although it would be if I could not call it up from the taskbar) for me. If you cannot access from the taskbar, please let us know.

Best wishes,
            Bill

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Try right-clicking the taskbar icon and clicking Restore, or try right-clicking the taskbar icon and clicking "Move" then use the arrow keys to move the window to make sure it is visible.

Comment

• klaatu
                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by xoas
                Does it minimize to the task bar menu on the bottom?
                Bill,
                It does not minimize to the task bar menu initially (happened to me again just now). It (the CD Ripper, anyway) just appears for a split second after being launched, then disappears without any visual trace at all, except an All Music Guide logo that sticks around for a few seconds (like the Cheshire cat's smile) before fading. If I minimize the app in front, the Ripper reappears, both the main window and on the task bar menu, which continues to display properly from that point on.

It's not a big inconvenience and is easy to work around. Just doing my bug reporting duty.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

>If I minimize the app in front

Sorry which app is this?
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BigScreen
                    • Jun 2007

I am having this issue with the Batch Music Converter. Once the conversion process begins, the window disappears and the taskbar shows the process running with a changing percentage until it displays [Finished].

My only option is to close the program using the right click.

This is using dMC 12.1 (verified by going into Configuration Manager) on Windows XP.

I saw the forum message about this bug being fixed in 12.1, but I already have 12.1. I thought that perhaps there was a newer build, so I downloaded the local mirror:

and it comes up and reports that the version currently installed is 12.1. I didn't want to brick the installation so I didn't re-install, as I was unsure whether doing so would clear my registration info.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

The next R12.2 beta (or full release) will have further fixes on this.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>