title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ID Tags

ID Tags

How do I write to ID tags. The demo version of dbpoweramp let me write my own ID tags with a right click; the purchased version will not. Says unable to write ID tags for: [file name.mp3]

Re: ID Tags

Could you get a screenshot of what you are referring to and post it to a site such as photobucket.com and then link to it here?

and which version of dbpoweramp?
    also the file could be in use (playing in some other player?), or write protected (maybe on a cd?)

Version is 12.1. The file is not in use or write protected or on a cd. As indicated before, on the demo version, all I had to do is click on the file, then right click, a menu came up with ID tag on the list, I clicked on that and I was able to wrie whatever I wanted in the displayed fields. With the version 12.1 I do everything the same way and it says, "Unable to write ID tags for: [file name.mp3]

Administrator

That message means the file is not writable, ie another program has it open, or it is read only.

[QUOTE=chasnliz]Version is 12.1. The file was write protected and is not on a cd. Now, every time I open the file I have to "un-write protect" it. As indicated before, on the demo version, all I had to do is click on the file, then right click, a menu came up with ID tag on the list with every category I needed to edit/use, I clicked on that and I was able to write whatever I wanted in the displayed fields. Before write protection never was an issue. With Version 12.1 the process seems very cumbersome. Now, every category on the ID tag that I use, needs to be typed in and then filled in. Then when you display the file, the ID tag information may or may not be listed in the view. This was never a problem with the demo software.

I can ID3 v2 but not V1, for some applications I need v1 as well how can I do this?

Launch dBpowerAMP Configuration. There should be the option to select both v1 and v2 ID3 tags. Can't remember at the moment where about's it is though.

dBpoweramp Configuration --> Codec tab --> Advanced Options, go to the MP3 section, you can get ID3v1 & ID3v2 here.