title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: "check for updates" question

"check for updates" question

Hi, I just purchased the reference version and after I installed it I did the check for updates on the config page. It then proceeded to tell me that there were new versions of DMC (version 12) and FLAC (1.1.3). My question is why is it telling me to go backwards for both (as I said I have 12.1 Refrence and FLAC 1.1.4)

Thanks in advance.

Re: "check for updates" question

Because the updater only checks officially released versions. FLAC 1.1.4 is in beta, FLAC 1.1.3 is final. Also, dMC r12.1 hasn't been fully released yet, but it is final. I believe Spoon is waiting on Download.com to update, but I may be mistaken.

When FLAC is finalized will the updater recognize it as different than the beta, or do I need to keep an eye on the codec page?

I am not sure, I think it just checks the release numbers, which will be the same, but the beta might have an update or two between now and final release, so you might want to keep an eye on the beta thread to see if any updates are released between now and the final version.

Administrator

Whilst an item is in beta, it has a fixed version number and it is down to the end user to make sure the latest version is installed.