title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting AAc to mp3 (Problem)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tboy34
    • Apr 2007

Converting AAc to mp3 (Problem)

I have a particular aac music file that I want to convert to mp3. Yet, I get an error message I've never seen before. Can anyone tell me what it means? Here is the massage:

The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\01 Isaac (Amir M & Gal M Part 1).aac' could not be opened.

Any Thoughts???
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Converting AAc to mp3 (Problem)

Did you install the m4a/mp4/aac codec? If you are using dMC r11.5, this is in Legacy Codec Central, which is linked to from the main Codec Central. If you are using dMC r12, you need to go to the beta section of this forum and install the m4a/mp4 codec, as it also decodes aac.

If you have the correct installed, can you play the file?

Comment

• tboy34
      • Apr 2007

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Has To Be (Alternative Hub Mix).aac' to 'C:\Converted Music\Has To Be (Alternative Hub Mix).mp3'
      Error decoding AAC, file is AAC? [clfaad::Create]

I'm still getting an error. I purchased a new version. Plus I'm having trouble registering thsi product. I installed the codec and it's still not working. What am I doing wrong??

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

What kind of trouble are you having when you are trying to register?

Also, can you play the file in a media player? What version of dMC are you using? What version of Windows are you using?

Comment

• tboy34
          • Apr 2007

I'm using version R12 and I still cannot convert a .aac file to a mp3 file. In the version previous to this. I was able to rip a cd to one continous mp3. Now I cannot see that option. Was that taken away?

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Yes, Rip as One is not in r12 but is expected to return in r13.

Could you paste your codec information from dBpoweramp Configuration here, please? There is a "Copy Versions to Clipboard" option on the codec page.

Comment

Working...

]]>