title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Sourcing a Plextor for CD Ripping

Sourcing a Plextor for CD Ripping

following Mr Spoon's experiences with the Plextor's I was planning on buying one as a new ripping drive however I am struggling to find any in stock in the UK. I want a top notch CD ripping drive with C2 support.

My current ripping drive in my server is getting a bit old and seams to find errors at the end of a lot of CDs with large numbers of tracks. Errors which my Pioneer doesn't find (but I have to use the Windows Internal interface on it so don't get C2 error info).

Anyone know of a source for Plextors in the UK with stock or got a top notch alternative to recommend? I thought about asking on CDfreaks but they tend to be more DVD burning focussed these days.

Thanks,
    Fairy

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Sourcing a Plextor for CD Ripping

Try Google for Plextor - there is a number of online stores throughout the EEC where you can order the product - none listed in England, however! - Tony

Administrator

Froogle.co.uk is your friend, type the drive and model and shops with it in stock will be listed.

Froogle is my friend you are right Mr Spoon!

For ripping purposes only does anyone know if the Plextor PlexWriter Premium2 is a noticably better ripper than the Plextor PX-230A? I notice that the 230A performed very well in Spoon's tests.

Has anyone tried the Plextor PX-130A DVD rom drive?

Fairy

Administrator

The Premium 2 is a worse ripper (according to tests by C't)

Thanks Spoon :smile2:

Froogle came up with a large list but the sites then told you they were out of stock. I eventually found a site with a stock of 1! So I've bought the 230A. Thanks for all the help

Last edited by fairyliquidizer; 04-05-2007 at 03:18 AM.

I thought the 230A didn't support C2? I'm sure I read that on a forum somewhere, can anyone confirm?
    Last edited by DJPT-UK; 04-11-2007 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Typo

Administrator

The 230a does support c2.

Even the re-badged ones that are sold in the UK (or are they all re-badged)?

Administrator

All 230a are the same, they are a rebadged drive.

I got my Plextor PX-230A off ebay late last year. I paid AUD$50 for it, which is about US$35. They don't sell the PX-230A in Australia, importing it was my only option!

Well I thought that all Plextor drives supported c2. I just bought (have not yet received) a Plextor Premium PX-760A DVD burner to rip a few hundred cds. Can someone confirm if this drive supports c2? Thanks

Well thanks anyway, I found the answer to my question.... Yes it does support c2. I just received it a couple of hours ago and it's setup and I'm ripping CDs. Everything I've ripped so far is either secure or accurate.