title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting from FLAC to Mp3 (320kbps)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiobug
    • Mar 2007

Converting from FLAC to Mp3 (320kbps)

Is it possible to convert FLAC files into Lame Mp3 (CBR@320kbps - 'Insane') format using dMC? If so I would be most grateful if it could be explained how I can go about doing this? Thanks
    Last edited by audiobug; 03-28-2007, 05:03 PM.
  • Balok
    • Mar 2007

Re: Converting from FLAC to Mp3 (320kbps)

Sure. I've done it. You need the FLAC codec which you can find at Codec Central. Download and install it. To install it, just run the downloaded executable. Mine found the correct destination directory on its own.

Then select the FLAC files of interest and select 'Convert To' and pick MP3 (Lame) from the choices. This codec comes with the software.

Select 'Bit Rate (CBR)' from the choices near the top of the config dialog, and move the slider rightward until you reach 320. Make any other changes you need (such as destination directory) and click Convert.
    Last edited by Balok; 03-28-2007, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• audiobug
      • Mar 2007

Great thanks Balok for explaining that so simply, it's actually really easy I should have thought of that before, lol.

Is there some sort of AccurateRip facility to determine whether the results from the FLAC to Mp3 (320kbps) conversion are error free? I mean, how do I know the conversion is without errors as ripping CDs to Mp3s via dMC almost always throws are a few inaccurate rips.

Comment

• Rollo
        • Feb 2007

With all the various mp3 encoders out there, not to mention the bitrate and quality options, it would be impossible to do any sort of AR verification on a conversion of this sort.

Comment

• Balok
          • Mar 2007

I'm not aware of any way to check AccurateRip in the file to file converter. I'd guess that since most errors are introduced by the process of reading the CD/DVD, it's far less necessary to check accuracy when reading a hard drive.

Comment

• Deano
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Jan 2006

Digital Format conversions should not cause errors (unless of course there is a programming error somewhere), and will not cause the same issues as ripping from a CD. If a rip is accurate from the CD (in FLAC), then you can be confident that the conversion from FLAC->mp3 with dBpowerAMP will be as error-free as the original (obviously, the mp3 conversion will degrade the original's quality but I am sure you understand this).

Comment

• audiobug
              • Mar 2007

Thanks a lot guys for really providing me with a great response, extremely helpful!

Clearly there is no real/easy scientific way of judging whether the conversion is accurate therefore I'll just go on what my ears tell me. Should be fine, thanks.

Comment

Working...

]]>