title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Two simple questions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • randym
    • Jan 2007

Two simple questions

I just uninstalled R11.5 and R12 so I could get a clean reinstall of R12. As a result I had to reset up the ripper options. I recall it was possible to specify how much padding to add to the tags but I can't find where that option is. Am I thinking of a different ripper/tagger?

Also, how do I remove album art if it is not the right match? I expected to be able to right-click on the image and remove it. Is there another way besides changing the tag settings (not convenient) so as not to save cover art?

Thanks.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Two simple questions

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to change album art after it is downloaded from AMG.

One thing I did when I ran across this problem was, after installing the DSP effects for r12 in the Beta forum, tell the CD Ripper to not embed the album art and find the album art myself. I saved the album art then sized it to 150x150 pixels and saved it to the folder where the CD would be ripped to. Then, I went to the DSP tab in the CD Ripper Window, added the "ID Tag Processing" effect, went to the Manipulation tab and checked "Import album art from folder.jpg" and clicked OK. I then ripped the CD.

This is a manual and time-consuming way to do it, but this way the album art is still put in every file without having to add it one file at a time.

As for the padding, I found a padding option for FLAC in dBpoweramp Configuration (Start Menu --> Programs --> dBpoweramp Music Converter --> Configuration --> dBpoweramp Configuration) under the Codecs Tab and then Advanced Options.

Comment

• randym
      • Jan 2007

Re: Two simple questions

Thanks LtData.

Are there plans to allow easy removal/replacment of cover art in an update? I hope so.

The reason I want to add padddng is to accommodate adding cover art (and lyrics) later using MP3tag. It is easy to import cover art from files in the album directory with MP3tag. But the maximum padding DBpoweramp allows is 32KB and cover art from amazon can exceed 50KB. Is there good reason not to let the user choose any amount of padding they want?

As of now, I suppose I will import unwanted cover art to get the padding and then remove it in MP3tag prior to importing the art I want.

Randy

Comment

Working...

]]>