title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: issue with itunes-converter-and m4a

Exclamation issue with itunes-converter-and m4a

i will try to give the background.

in a nutshell.

i copied a cd (im having problems with many cd's) that i owned onto my computer. i dont recall if originally it was into win med player (wmp) or into itunes. it was 2 years ago and i have been using the files in itunes. i have transferred them to my ipod and the music plays....

but as of yesterday pretty much all of my m4a files will not PLAY in itunes or wmp. i have tried to convert the files and i get the following:

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\01 All I Really Want.m4a' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\New MUSIC folder\01 All I Really Want.mp3'
    Error opening file 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\01 All I Really Want.m4a' check no other program has it open. [m4aFile::Open]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\02 You Oughta Know.m4a' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\New MUSIC folder\02 You Oughta Know.mp3'
    Error opening file 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\02 You Oughta Know.m4a' check no other program has it open. [m4aFile::Open]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\03 Perfect.m4a' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\New MUSIC folder\03 Perfect.mp3'
    Error opening file 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\03 Perfect.m4a' check no other program has it open. [m4aFile::Open]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\04 Hand In My Pocket.m4a' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\New MUSIC folder\04 Hand In My Pocket.mp3'
    Error opening file 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\04 Hand In My Pocket.m4a' check no other program has it open. [m4aFile::Open]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\05 Right Through You.m4a' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\New MUSIC folder\05 Right Through You.mp3'
    Error opening file 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\05 Right Through You.m4a' check no other program has it open. [m4aFile::Open]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\06 Forgiven.m4a' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\New MUSIC folder\06 Forgiven.mp3'
    Error opening file 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\06 Forgiven.m4a' check no other program has it open. [m4aFile::Open]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\07 You Learn.m4a' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\New MUSIC folder\07 You Learn.mp3'
    Error opening file 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\07 You Learn.m4a' check no other program has it open. [m4aFile::Open]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\08 Head Over Feet.m4a' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\New MUSIC folder\08 Head Over Feet.mp3'
    Error opening file 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\08 Head Over Feet.m4a' check no other program has it open. [m4aFile::Open]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\09 Mary Jane.m4a' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\New MUSIC folder\09 Mary Jane.mp3'
    Error opening file 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\09 Mary Jane.m4a' check no other program has it open. [m4aFile::Open]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\10 Ironic.m4a' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\New MUSIC folder\10 Ironic.mp3'
    Error opening file 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\10 Ironic.m4a' check no other program has it open. [m4aFile::Open]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\11 Not The Doctor.m4a' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\New MUSIC folder\11 Not The Doctor.mp3'
    Error opening file 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\11 Not The Doctor.m4a' check no other program has it open. [m4aFile::Open]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\12 Wake Up.m4a' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\New MUSIC folder\12 Wake Up.mp3'
    Error opening file 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\12 Wake Up.m4a' check no other program has it open. [m4aFile::Open]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\13 You Oughta Know [Alternate Take].m4a' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\New MUSIC folder\13 You Oughta Know [Alternate Take].mp3'
    Error opening file 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\13 You Oughta Know [Alternate Take].m4a' check no other program has it open. [m4aFile::Open]

In another program (switch sound converter) the error i get is "no audio" found in file, i checked properties and there is 9megs of file... what else could it be but audio?

i cant find any programs that might have the files open?

initially i thought i was having a problem with "shared" music files but this is not the case. whether Shared or from a direct rip ALL my M4A files cannot be read?

ANY replies or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for looking!
    i would like to convert everything back to mp3 or maybe AIFF. i just dont want to lose 10gigs of music....
    PS iTUNES is the DEVIL!
    Last edited by g3ride69; 04-21-2012 at 08:35 AM. Reason: too big, spelling errors

Administrator

Re: issue with itunes-converter-and m4a

It is possible the error is not the error in this case, you would be best to re-rip the file as the mp3 would have better quality.