title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

R13 requests

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbpower44100
    • Nov 2006

R13 requests

Since r12 is sort of finished / released ...

some ideas I still miss in r12 which might be possible for r13 ?

-- keep / copy unknown frames against throwing them away (applies to any sort of tags, especially for ID3v2.x tags. (Spoon recently said in another thread : hopefully we're on a new library for r13)

-- user-definable metadata translation tables
    so that one's entitled to to auto convert for example user-defined vorbis comment entries into propper ID3v2.x frames when converting a flac to mp3.
    At the moment one ends up with bunches of TXXX frames with no need since corresponding ID3v2.x frames are available but not used.
    (reference version only perhaps to make it more attractive ?)

-- ability to re-order the list of plugins choosen (unsure if that makes any effect of if dbpoweramp auto-sorts them using some internal logic). But it's a pain one has to delete an entry and re-add it just to get it into a differnt order.

-- ability to define a frame-identifier for album recognition on albumgain.
    Various ID3v2.x floating around and it mostly fails since collections differ and tags differ if collecting for a bunch of years. Thus albums could be recognised using TALB, TSOA, TOAL everythings valid but a user can't choose which one to use.
    (reference version only perhaps to make it more attractive ?)

-- ability to declare which frames are tagged and which aren't.

-- ability to declare a positive or negative list of frames. Sort of a TAGtidy plugin. So that one could either delete all frames from within a TAG which are unwanted, by specifying either what should be kept or what should be deleted.

can't think of more right now ... and I'm not talking about audio-source-type conversion into any other format since I can't say what formats we got the time r13 rolls in. dbpoweramp will the support the important ones anyway as always ;-)
  • fjodor
    • Mar 2007

Re: R13 requests

Some more ideas/suggestions:

1. When ripping to FLAC format, add option to post-process the ripped tracks using "metaflac.exe --add-replay-gain file1.flac file2.flac ... fileN.flac". Then metaflac will calculate track- and album-replay-gain and insert corresponding ID Tags in the FLAC files.

2. Add an option to automatically create M3U playlists when ripping a CD. When ripping albums with multiple discs, make it possibly to automatically create one playlist per disc and in addition one common playlist which includes all tracks on all discs (this should probably be selectable).

3. Add functionality to enable renaming and reorganization of a music library based on the ID Tags in the music files. E.g. change from layout from:

"Artist/Album/TrackNumber - Title"

to

"Artist - Album/TrackNumber - Title".

When doing so, it should also be possible to select that the contents of any related M3U playlists and CUE-sheets are updated correspondingly. This will probably have to be restricted to playlists and CUE-sheets in the same directory as the music files (or in the parent directory).

------------------------

Comments on the suggestions are welcome.

Finally, thanks for a great program. Keep up the good work!

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

1. dMC has a DSP effect that can add ReplayGain, both track and album gain, to files.

3. There is an "Arrange Audio" utility codec in Codec Central to do this task. However, using it does require the PowerPack or Reference, registered or trial.
      As for updating cue sheets and m3u, this isn't done yet, but is a good idea.

Comment

• fjodor
        • Mar 2007

1. Great, that was just what I was looking for! I thought DSP effects were just used to manipulate the actual audio data (as a real DSP does), that's why I didn't look for other kinds of post-processing there.

Anyway, I tried using the "ReplayGain" DSP effect, and indeed it did add the ReplayGain tags. However when I compared the result from "a) using the DSP effect" with the result from "b) instead adding the ReplayGain tags using post-processing with metaflac.exe (as I described in my previous post)", I got somewhat different results. See the output from "metaflac.exe --list file.flac" below:

a) When ReplayGain for "file.flac" was set with the ReplayGain DSP effect:

comment[0]: replaygain_album_gain=-0.78 dB
        comment[1]: replaygain_album_peak=0.863403
        <...>
        comment[17]: replaygain_track_gain=-1.72 dB
        comment[18]: replaygain_track_peak=0.742584

b) When ReplayGain for "file.flac" was set with metaflac.exe:

comment[15]: REPLAYGAIN_REFERENCE_LOUDNESS=89.0 dB
        comment[16]: REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN=-1.71 dB
        comment[17]: REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK=0.74258423
        comment[18]: REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN=-0.76 dB
        comment[19]: REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK=0.86340332

As you can see, the results does not seem to match for the *_GAIN values, and also "metaflac.exe" adds an additional tag called "REPLAYGAIN_REFERENCE_LOUDNESS". Any idea why this is the case?

3. Perfect - once again just what I was looking for! It would be great if the support for automatically updating CUE-sheets and M3U playlists was added as well though, since it's a real pain in the a$$ having to update it manually for several hundreds of albums..

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

MetaFlac seems to calculate ReplayGain values unqiuely, we calculate exactly the same as Foobar 2K, saying that the differences are . of a %

I do not know of any program which uses Reference_Loudess.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Salem874
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dbpower44100
            Since r12 is sort of finished / released ...

some ideas I still miss in r12 which might be possible for r13 ?

-- ability to re-order the list of plugins choosen (unsure if that makes any effect of if dbpoweramp auto-sorts them using some internal logic). But it's a pain one has to delete an entry and re-add it just to get it into a differnt order.
            I agree with this, i find it frustrating having to remove & re-add a plugin just to put it in another position

Comment

Working...

]]>