title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Proxy Server Settings Do Not Work (No Accurate Rip, All Media, Freedb access)

Proxy Server Settings Do Not Work (No Accurate Rip, All Media, Freedb access)

For both 11.5 and 12, I'm unable to pull accurate rip or meta data. I have all local software firewalls / pop-up blockers disabled. My browser is configured to access a proxy server and it works perfectly. However, dBpoweramp CD Ripper is unable to download anything. The AccurateRip, Freedb, and All Media configuration boxes all show the correct proxy server and port number entered.

AccurateRip gives in a pop-up error message saying it couldn't connect; All Media and Freedb simply do not work and there is no error message.

What port/protocol does CD Ripper use? Can someone give me an exact query string I can test with my browser?

If CD Ripper is simply using http requests over port 80, then there must be a configuration problem with the proxy options within CD Ripper. Other programs (such as Easy CD-DA, MediaMonkey) work perfectly, so it's frustrating that CD Ripper will not.
    Last edited by Carlton Bale; 03-20-2007 at 10:45 AM.

Re: Proxy Server Settings Do Not Work (No Accurate Rip, All Media, Freedb access)

Are you running a firewall? If so, which one? See here for a documented problem with one known firewall: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost...83&postcount=5

Re: Proxy Server Settings Do Not Work (No Accurate Rip, All Media, Freedb access)

The local software firewall is configured to allow cdgrab.exe full access to any network connection. But that doesn't really matter, because it is completely disabled at the moment with no impact.

Other programs are able to access freedb, so this is specific to CD Ripper.

What firewall are you running? With the example I gave above, CDGrab was allowed full access on Kaspersky but an extra step needed to be done to get it to work.

If you exit the firewall, does CDGrab connect?

Administrator

Close all programs. Run dBpoweramp Configuration, enable dBpoweramp Debug, start CD Ripper, let it try to connect, close cd ripper. Post the contents of the log here please.

Spoon,

Thanks for your help; I didn't know the debug feature was there. That allowed me to view the proxy server responses and figure out the problem. For what ever reason, the proxy server flagged CD Ripper as a program requiring extra authentication, which other programs did not require. With that information, I was able to solve the problem.

Thanks again!

Administrator

Was this for AMG or freedb as well?, there should be no reason why dBpoweramp shouldbe singled out for requiring more authorization.