title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advanced MetaData Handling / Tagging Tool

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Advanced MetaData Handling / Tagging Tool

I think a tool like this would be worth:

$15(including GD3)+$5AMG as a standalone tagging tool without other dB apps and $5 upgrades

$10(including GD3)+$5AMG for PowerPack with $5 upgrades for future version

$5(including GD3)+$5AMG for Reference users with $2 upgrades

dBpoweramp Guru

Does anyone know more about the fingerprinting used by GD3? They said they are using the musicIP fingerprint, but I dont know if they are using musicip data or just their open fingerprinting??

This does sound like a great idea. Currently there is a strong need for a tool like this. MM, WMP, foobar, etc all offer good tagging/album art features, but inconsistent at best. A tool like this would be a killer.

dBpoweramp Guru

Gracenote just announced an official lyrics service. I dont know how much it costs though.

The problem with using Gracenote is that you cannot use any other meta-data sources if you use them, or at least it used to be this way.

dBpoweramp Guru

I dont know if that would be inclusive of the lyrics service or not. You could use the lyrics service, but not the "other metadata" - maybe....

dBpoweramp Guru

From what I can find the service is to be free on yahoo. What that service will include remains to be seen. The yahoo music engine works with FLAC files, so hopefully it will be able to add lyrics!!

I completely agree with this thinking and mode. I like many of the suggestions here, but wanted to emphasize that I would really like an ability to apply these to an existing library - I ripped many CDs prior to subscribing to AMG, so they are missing various data. I don't want to go back and re-rip (though I might if I have to).

But thanks for a great idea, and doing the work to show an approach - that helps convey the nature of the solution.

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes, hopefully the tool would be used BOTH with new rips, and for tagging an existing library. Existing libraries would be tagged using acoustic fingerprints as well as traditional album identification techniques.

I like this idea. I would even pay for a product that does this. And I hate paying.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Exitao
    I like this idea. I would even pay for a product that does this. And I hate paying.
    Thanks. Ripstation Micro has shown interest in the idea and says they will develop it. Hopefully Spoon takes up the idea with R13 (keeping my fingers crossed for an alpha soon). I think it would offer a new revenue stream and a unique solution, continuing to set dBpoweramp apart.

dBpoweramp Guru

Spoon,

Ripstation is taking the idea and working on an implementation right now.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...dpost&p=503445

Hopefully you are interested in keeping the competition alive ;-)

Add me to the list of dbpowerAMP users/enthusiasts who want/need a tool like this - and are willing to pay some fee.

I'll be watching this thread and hoping that we see something that works hand-in-hand with our beloved dbpowerAMP!

rock on Rockers!

I am also interested in this tool. Correct tagging+locating info on obscure CDs -> great tool!

Explorer

dBpoweramp Guru

As R13 work is underway I would like to suggest/request scripting, spell check, and local artist database comparison for metadata

scripting: the end user should be able to write rules for how meta-data is handled, such as capitalization, ie words that are always lowercase unless they are the first work in the artist name, album title or song title such as the, a, and, ect.... with exception rules ie, The The

spell check: of course with funky artist spelling this would often be wrong, but at least highlighting potentially misspelled words would save alot of time

local artist database: compare artist against artist already ripped to check for consistency in naming, ie Guns N' Roses, Guns & Roses, Guns n Roses,.... making it easier to see what they have been named in the past so you can choose a consistent name (or rename them all to one name easily