title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper- Track Number as DWORD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scotto
    • Mar 2007

CD Ripper- Track Number as DWORD

As pointed out to me by Spoon over here at Hydrogen Audio, it is possible to set the DBPoweramp tag editor to write the tracknumber tag in a WMA file as a DWORD (as opposed to STRING). This setting doesn't seem to carry through to the writing of tags in the CD Ripper, it still writes WM/TrackNumber as a STRING. Is there a seprate setting somewhere that I am just not finding?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper- Track Number as DWORD

You set it in dBpoweramp Configuration >> Codecs >> Advanced?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Scotto
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
      You set it in dBpoweramp Configuration >> Codecs >> Advanced?
      Yes. If I convert from WMA lossless to WMA 9.2, it will change the tag to DWORD, even if it is STRING in the lossless file. However, using CD ripper, it saves the tag as STRING. Since I usually rip to WMA lossless then convert to lossy for the (tag troubled) player, it isn't really a big deal.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Very odd, it uses the same tagger. I will note as a possible bug.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Scotto
          • Mar 2007

Spoon,

I have worked out the workflow below to reformat the WMA tags for my music player (Sansa e130) using the dbpoweramp tag editor. Any chance of a more automated way of doing this with a utility codec or something like that? The point of the steps below is to change the Tracknumber tag from STRING to DWORD, and to move the Year tag after the Tracknumber tag.

I have tried to be fairly complete in the explanantion below in case anyone with a similar problem manages to find this thread.

Scott

workflow
          1: browse to the folder containing the songs
          2: highlight all songs in the folder (entire album)
          3: right click, choose "Edit ID-Tag" in the context menu
          4: remove the track number tag (to do this, click on Track so that the line is highlighted, then click on "Remove" near the bottom of the window
          5: add the track number tag again (click "Add" at the bottom of the window, type "Track" as the new tag entry
          6: click "Edit Single" near the bottom left of the window, type in the correct track number, click the right arrow for the next song, repeat until finished
          7: remove the Year tag
          8: add the Year tag again

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Not automatically.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Scotto
              • Mar 2007

The re-ordering of the tag information can be done automatically using the beta IP Tag Update! It can be done be using this utility codec to copy tag information to unused tag types, then recopy back the tag information to the proper tag types in the desired order. It fixed my entire library very quickly.

Thanks Spoon!

Comment

• Scotto
                • Mar 2007

The link in Codec Central points back to the beta thread. Is this right?

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

Whoops, I was mistaken. The "ID Tag Update" is still in beta, so yes, it is correct for the link in Codec Central to link to the beta-thread.

Comment

Working...

]]>